Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- Kelowna, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Hexagon Agility designs and manufactures the only alternative transportation solution with net-negative carbon emissions. Using cutting-edge technology to design high-pressure carbon fiber cylinders and fuel systems, Hexagon Agility is able to provide safe and cost-effective solutions to customers across the globe. Saving over 1 million metric tons of greenhouse gases (GHG) per year, our products enable the worldwide transition to sustainable green transportation.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Co-Op who will participate as a valuable member of the engineering team by working directly with the engineering staff to design, develop, and implement renewable natural gas (RNG). The co-op will work directly with the engineering staff doing a variety of tasks related to developing the RNG fuel systems and will have the opportunity to learn the real- world application of design theory, product testing, process/project management. This position will be based out of our Kelowna, Canada office.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member
- Assist engineers and engineering technicians with the design, development, integration, and testing of CNG/LNG Fuel systems
- Assist engineering technicians with the assembly and wiring of fuel system installations
- Assist with the documentation of engineering data
- Participate in field testing
- Participate in the QA/QC process of fuel systems
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering program at an accredited college, or a recent graduate of an engineering discipline.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Actively enrolled in a technical field of study such as engineering, computer science, math, or physics
- Familiarity with basic design engineering software
- Familiarity with the safe operation of basic hand tools and lab equipment
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in modern desktop office software applications
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is also required to sit; use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may have to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Commercial Internship - Year Long - 2024– Dublin, Ireland
Based: Styne House, Dublin Duration: 1 Year Start Dates: Monday 1st July 2024 Application …
Technical Sales Engineer Intern
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and cons…
Campus Graduate – Global Commercial Services 2024 Commercial Business Enablement Summer Internship
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. With the right backing, people and businesses have …
Logistics Internship - Summer 2024
Our mission at Whole Foods Market is to nourish people and the planet, but also- future talent. W…
2024 Summer Technology Internship
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what …