Posted on June 23, 2023 by InternPlug
- Baltimore, United States of America
- 1 Vacancy
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The College Intern will work closely with Refinery Maintenance Department engineers and supervisors in supporting refinery maintenance activities. The intern can reasonably expect to be assigned to any of a wide variety of tasks and projects focused on maintenance reliability, sustainability, work process improvement, and computerized maintenance management system administration. The College Intern may also be tasked to assist with project engineering.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyses maintenance repair specifications to determine required tools, parts, and procedures
- Updates SAP task lists with updated work procedures
- Updates SAP systems with preventative maintenance data
- Verifies refinery equipment and updates records in SAP
- Analyses spare parts demand and provides recommendations for ideal stock quantities
- Monitor effectiveness of the preventive maintenance program to minimize plant breakdowns
- Assist with predictive maintenance PdM program administration
- Ensure personnel follow all GMP and safety policies
You are expected to meet the employment standards that our regular full time employees would meet.
- You must be eligible to work in the country in which the internship is offered.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be able to work a minimum of six (6) consecutive weeks during the time when the internship is offered.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to write clearly and accurately, and strong verbal communication skills.
- As part of the hiring process, you must successfully complete a background investigation, reference check, and pre-placement physical and drug screen.
- Have a strong academic record (minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent).
- You must be entering your junior or senior year in college and have completed some course work toward your chosen field of study (i.e. engineering, marketing, business). Sophomores shall be considered on an exceptional basis.
- Analytical Thinking & Decision Making – Identifies and understands trends and/or issues; connects data points through analysis to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- Business & Financial Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of our organization; interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better corporate decisions.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner by tailoring one's message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
- Customer Orientation – Keeps internal and/or external customer(s) in mind at all times. Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs. Assists business partners and customers to achieve their work goals via application of their own skills and knowledge; strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Establishes Trust – Gaining the confidence and faith of others by actions and words that promote being honest, forthcoming, integrious and vulnerable.
- Problem-Solving – Anticipates, evaluates, diagnoses, and resolves problems in a systematic and fact-based manner.
- Results Orientation & Accountability – Takes accountability, identifies, executes and drives actions to consistently achieve desired results.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Creates a climate that fosters commitment to a common vision and shared values that promote cooperation and working together through trust and support of others.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Continuous Improvement – Establishes methods and utilizes specialized techniques to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes.
- Self-Development – Seeks feedback on one’s strengths and weaknesses and initiates activities to increase or enhance their knowledge, skills, and proficiency in order to perform more effectively or enhance their career.
- Change Management – Achieves success through change: identifies opportunities for improvement and innovation, removes barriers and resistance, and enables behaviors that support desired outcomes.
- Develops Others – Plans for the growth of others, diligently addressing performance issues and conflicts, both at the individual and organizational level with the purpose of achieving results through the activities of other people.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands company's short and long-term priorities and aligns department priorities and behavior around achievement of those objectives.
- Baltimore, MD
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
July 23, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Talent Attraction Intern
The intern will be responsible for the following: Support in creating and ideating Tiktok content …
2024, Transaction Banking, Graduate Analyst (2023 Summer intern applicants only)
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business enables client success by providing an integrated sui…
2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program - Summer Internship - Johannesburg
JOB DESCRIPTION 2024 Corporate & Investment Bank - Global Corporate Banking Analyst Program…
Disney Entertainment Television Data & Analytics Intern, Spring 2024
Disney Entertainment Television Data & Analytics Intern, Spring 2024 Apply Now Apply …