Intern Analyst, Investments (Infrastructure)
Posted on Sept. 11, 2023 by InternPlug
- Singapore, Singapore
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionWhy join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
OMERS Infrastructure, the infrastructure private equity arm of OMERS, is a pioneer and global leader in infrastructure direct investing with over 20 years of experience originating, structuring, and actively managing infrastructure investments. We have over 65 investment professionals across offices in Toronto, New York, London, Singapore, and Sydney. We manage a diversified global portfolio of airports, nuclear generation, pipelines, ports, renewable power, telecommunication, toll roads, utilities, and other essential services.
Working at OMERS is more than just a job – it is an opportunity to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. Our employees take great pride in serving the communities in which they live and contributing in a variety of ways to make important community-based initiatives possible globally.
More information can be found on our website www.omersinfrastructure.com and www.omers.com .
OMERS Infrastructure is currently seeking an Associate to join its dynamic investment team in Singapore. You will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team and support all aspects of the investment process, including evaluation, execution and asset management.
We are looking for undergraduate students to intern for our Off-cycle Internship (January – June 2024) and will apply for Leave of Absence (LOA) from their degree programme.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Researching and analyzing financial statements, industry information, technical and financial data and presenting conclusions to investment team members
- Developing and critically reviewing, stress testing and commenting on financial models in collaboration with partners and advisors; assess the integrity of the model and the financial returns of investment opportunities
- Evaluating information provided by a vendor, company management and professional advisors and incorporates the relevant information into OMERS Infrastructure's investment analysis
- Identifying and tracking information gaps in OMERS Infrastructure’s evaluation of investments and proposing creative solutions to address the information gaps
- Synthesizing key findings from research, financial analysis and meetings with industry, co-investors and external advisors into investment memoranda and presentations and participate in presenting these findings to investment committees
- Assisting with asset management responsibilities by developing analysis and responding to industry and company specific questions from Directors of the portfolio companies
- Researching prospective industries to develop industry theses and assisting in generating investment ideas for OMERS Infrastructure
- Supporting the team while fostering an energized work environment
- Previous internship experience in an investment bank, an infrastructure fund or a similar field
- Experience in or knowledge of the infrastructure sectors in APAC is considered a plus
- An undergraduate degree in business, accountancy, economics or other quantitative fields
- Proven strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to being a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, an eagerness to learn, and you are thoughtful, diligent and proactive in gathering information
- Years 3-4 preferred, flexible to strong year 2 candidates
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $124 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2022. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with more than 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Oct. 11, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!