Intern, Analytics Enablement (January - April 2024)
Posted on Aug. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionABOUT US We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong. Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Analytics Enablement team is responsible for the development of analytics solution for various stakeholders within PSP to enable data driven decision making. We also play a key role in providing support and subject matter expertise to colleagues across PSP throughout their analytics development cycle.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Analyst, Analytics Enablement, you’ll:
Support Advisors and other team members in the development of analytical solutions, ad-hoc analysis and daily team tasks and responsibilities
- Analyze the specific needs of the Chief investment Office and other key Total Fund stakeholders to orient development of Analytical solutions to support their operations
- Provide your expertise to support the development, transversal alignment, and implementation of the Analytics roadmap to enable data driven decision making and help meet and exceed corporate objectives
- Ensure chosen methodologies pertaining to analytical techniques, approaches, and tools are in line with industry’s best practices, and modeling choices are sound
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Master’s degree in a relevant discipline underway (financial engineering, mathematics, etc.); and CFA, FRM or PRM professional designation is an asset
- General technical fluency (programming skills in any of Python, Matlab, R)
- Relevant work experience is an asset
- Strong financial intuition and thorough understanding of financial modeling, investment and risk management practices
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills and understanding of the business to support the stakeholders
- Must return to studies after the internship or the internship must be part of your curriculum
- Bilingualism: English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: January - April 2024
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript.
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2023 Visit us on LinkedIn . www.investpsp.com
Sept. 27, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!