Intern - Bioinformatics
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Bengaluru, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionTitle : Intern – Bioinformatics Location: Bangalore, India Organization: Center for Innovation in Diagnostics, Siemens Healthineers Mode of employment: Intern/fixed time duration
Introduction Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers confidence that they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With over 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment. The Center for Innovation in Diagnostics India Group of Siemens Healthineers in Bangalore, India is looking to recruit interns wanting to have real-world experience in interdisciplinary research and development in Bioinformatics. This person will be supporting bioinformatics activities associated with various molecular biology and sequencing topics. The internship duration could extend from 3 to 6 months.
What are my responsibilities?
- Analyze large sequence datasets from publicly available genomic databases
- Design of primers and approaches for selective amplification
- Collect, analyze, and interpret genomics data
- Write codes/scripts to process genomic sequences and implement algorithms
- Read and understand technical literature (journal articles, publications, reports)
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Student who has not yet graduated and working towards a relevant Bachelors/Master/PhD in Bioinformatics/Biosciences or equivalent discipline degree, from an accredited academic institute
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of molecular biology, bioinformatics (like primer design, familiarity with standard tools, pipelines and databases used for genomic data analysis)
- Coding in programming languages (one or more of Python, R, Perl)
What else do I need to know? Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role. Contact If you have further questions regarding this job offer, please be fre
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!