Intern - Biz Quiz Writer
Posted on Aug. 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- West New York, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
The Role / Position Overview
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organizations, recognized internationally for its authority, integrity, and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news, and services for the global business community. We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco, and Tokyo.
As the Biz Quiz Question Writer, you will play a pivotal role in creating high-quality questions for the second annual Biz Quiz competition, co-hosted by the University of California, Davis Graduate School of Management and the Financial Times. Your well-crafted questions will challenge the participants' knowledge of FT.com news and analysis, taken from content published during the competition reading period (October 1 - November 10). This role offers a unique opportunity to enhance your writing skills, engage extensively with FT.com content, and contribute to the quiz competition.
- Content Consumption: Read FT.com content that has been selected for Biz Quiz and published during the reading period.
- Question Development: Collaborate with FT Professional and members of Editorial to create balanced, accurate, and engaging questions suitable for each stage of the competition.
- Subject Variety: Generate questions that cover the full range of subjects discussed on FT.com during the reading period.
- Quality Assurance: Review and edit questions for accuracy and clarity, and maintain a reference document with the questions, answers, and link to the source article.
- Feedback Incorporation: Integrate feedback from team members during weekly check-ins and modify questions accordingly to improve quality.
- Adherence to Deadlines: Meet assigned deadlines for question submissions to ensure smooth preparation for the competition.
Required Skills / Experience
- Education: Enrolled in or recently graduated from a graduate degree program (e.g., MBA, MS in Finance or related).
- Writing Skills: Excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft clear and concise questions.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure the accuracy and quality of questions and the corresponding reference document.
- Time Management: Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Team Player: A collaborative attitude with the ability to work well within a team environment.
This is a part-time, paid, eight-week internship, ideally starting the week of September 25. Expected time commitment is 25 hours per week. This position will pay $25/hr
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives.
Sept. 18, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!