Intern, Data Quality Management (January– April 2024)
Posted on Sept. 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionABOUT US
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Intern, Data Quality Management will be a part of a team responsible for maintaining the data quality over PSP’s enterprise data, particularly using internal and corporate tools such as the central data repository. The intern must ensure that the quality of the data under his/her responsibility meets the current and future needs of PSP.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern, Data Quality Management, you’ll:
Contribute to providing quality data to various business partners by analyzing the controls available to him or her
- Correct data defects as needed
- Provide our business partners with effective communications regarding data they use
- Maintain referential data in the central data repository
- Address data issues and respond to data or reporting queries
- Actively contribute to the testing of all developments in new and existing data domains
- Support the business by ensuring that it is provided with timely high-quality data
WHAT YOU’LL NEED Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance or any related field (information technology, financial engineering, etc.)
- High academic achievement
- Mature, driven and motivated with the ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with MS Office products required
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Familiarity with SQL, Bloomberg, and knowledge of ESG, an asset
- Functional knowledge of Financial instruments (public and private), an asset
- Must return to studies after the internship or the internship must be part of your curriculum
- Bilingualism: English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: January - April 2024
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript.
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2023
Visit us on LinkedIn . www.investpsp.com
Oct. 9, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!