(Intern) Enterprise Analytics Office Data Science Internship
Posted on Sept. 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Columbus, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAs a team member in the Finance and Internal Audit department at Nationwide, the opportunities are endless! You can grow and learn in diverse areas across many disciplines such as Advanced Analytics, Investments, Actuarial, Accounting, Risk Management, Critical Business Advisor and so much more. Let Nationwide help create your career journey! Job Description Summary Job Description Description Nationwide Insurance is seeking candidates for various Data Science internship positions to join the Enterprise Analytics Office (EAO) from May to August 2024. EAO Data Scientists support all of Nationwide’s products by working with business partners to develop integrated, end-to-end solutions contributing to company success. We uphold a high standard for methodological rigor using sound statistical inference and robust model validation in our daily work. As a Data Science Intern, you will work with real customer data, build and evaluate predictive or explanatory models, and provide recommendations using impactful storylines and advanced data visualizations catered to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will use enterprise-class analytic software tools and platforms including R, Python, Tableau, Teradata, and Amazon Web Services. Graduate or undergraduate candidates will be considered, from any major. Some statistical and/or technical background is preferred. Job Summary As a Data Science Intern, you will take an active role on one or more projects within Nationwide’s Enterprise Analytics Office and participate in many or all phases of the analytic lifecycle, including:
- Working with team members and business partners to identify, define and research the business problem to be solved.
- Acquiring, preparing, and cleaning data sets from one or more data sources, some containing millions of rows and hundreds of dimensions.
- Analyzing and visualizing trends and patterns in structured and/or unstructured data and effectively communicating relevant insights in support of business problem solving.
- Building, implementing, evaluating, and documenting predictive and/or explanatory models and sharing insights and practical solutions with the team and business partners.
For NY residents please review the following state law information: Notice of Employee Rights, Protections, and Obligations LS740 (ny.gov) Nationwide pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement within the actual starting salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity and location of the role as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. $21 - $35
Oct. 7, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!