Intern, Internal Audit (January - April 2024)
Posted on Sept. 2, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionABOUT US
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The purpose of PSP Investments’ (PSP) internal audit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve PSP Investments’ operations. The mission of PSP’s Internal Audit function is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight. The Internal Audit function is an independent function reporting to the Chair of the Audit Committee and includes a team of 10 professionals with varied professional designations and work experiences.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern, Internal Audit, you’ll: Participate and support the internal auditors in completing the planned audits, including operational, investment or IT audits, as per the Internal Audit Plan, which encompass the following:
- Participate in governance, risk and control assessments by documenting existing key processes and controls
- Participate in performing control testing
- Participate in the documentation of the audit results in accordance with the internal audit methodology
- Support the team in preparing information and data analysis
- Participate in the creation and implementation of internal auditing tools
- Provide assistance to the internal auditors in their daily activities
- Assist on other various tasks
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (Commerce, Technology, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.) with high academic achievements
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office tools
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset with an ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Curiosity to look beyond the surface facts, open-mindedness and eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Must return to studies after the internship or the internship must be part of your curriculum
- Proficiency in English and French (or willingness to learn) (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know. This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: January – April 2024
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript.
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2023
Visit us on LinkedIn . www.investpsp.com
Oct. 2, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!