Intern - Investments, Equities, High Convictions Equities (Summer 2024 - 4 Month Contract)
Posted on Aug. 20, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionThe deadline to apply for this role is: September 30, 2023 The opportunity May 2024 - August 2024 Do you have a passion for coding and equity investing? In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leading stock investors, learn about portfolio construction and analytics and equity investing strategies. You will be able to access to resources of one of the largest pension plans in Canada. Who you’ll work with The High Conviction Equities team is a collection of investment professionals with global equity coverage. The team is focused on bottom-up, fundamental active equity investments. As an intern focused on web-development and Portfolio construction, you will help build web interfaces and analytical frameworks for monitoring and managing the High Conviction portfolio with a top down lens. Students will be exposed to multiple development tools and investment knowledge on equities/sectors over the course of the term. You will have access to sell side analysts and strategists. Students will report to a Principal, High Conviction Equities, based in Toronto office. What you’ll do
- Use Python and SQL for building, automating, and maintaining analytical tools.
- Research and implement applications to track risk and performance
- Work collaboratively with the HCE team to build an understanding of the business
- Work on ad hoc thematic projects
- Advanced programming and development skills especially in Python and SQL.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Applications (EXCEL, Power Point)
- knowledge of React or Java script, C#.NET would be an added asset
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Passion for equity markets/equity investing
- knowledge of portfolio optimization and ops research would be an added asset
- Ability to conduct independent research with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Must be enrolled in 3rd / 4th year or related Master’s program (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, etc…)
- You must be enrolled in a co-op program or returning back to your studies after the work term is completed
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns
- Student led team building events on a monthly basis
- Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
- Copy of your transcripts
Requisition ID: 5272
Sept. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!