Intern Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cork, Ireland
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Mechanical Engineering Intern for a 6 month college placement in line with placement timeline
Logitech is the Sweet Spot for people who want their actions to have a positive global impact while having the flexibility to do it in their own way.
The Team and Role:
Logitech is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join a cross-functional team designing and developing consumer electronic experiences, such as the Logitech G pro-wireless gaming mouse.
You will be an integral member of a global group that defines and develops new consumer devices from concept through production.
Passion for 'Design Thinking' and user centered design is a strong advantage.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
The role is based onsite at our Cork Campus.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Share our passion for Equality and the Environment. These are the behaviors and values you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop user centric products.
- Develop concepts, prototype, test, learn and iterate.
- Model concepts in CAD (Creo).
- Use rapid prototyping equipment to bring concepts into the physical world (3D printing, cnc, laser cutting) and produce functional prototypes.
- Test and evaluate prototypes using our fully equipped test lab.
- Conduct user tests on functional prototypes.
- Analyse data generated from lab testing.
- Contribute to innovation in technology and products.
- Drive to learn and deliver results.
- Have fun. Work well as part of our team.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and experiences to our team:
- Strong physical prototyping skills.
- Basic 3D modelling skills in Creo or similar 3D CAD package.
- Knowledge of materials (plastics and metals).
- Highly skilled in problem solving.
- ‘Design Thinking’ mindset.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Able to speak up and own.
- Student in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering with Management, (or similar)
Across Logitech we empower collaboration and foster play. We help teams collaborate/learn from anywhere, without compromising on productivity or continuity so it should be no surprise that most of our jobs are open to work from home from most locations. Our hybrid work model allows some employees to work remotely while others work on-premises. Within this structure, you may have teams or departments split between working remotely and working in-house.
Logitech is an amazing place to work because it is full of authentic people who are inclusive by nature as well as by design. Being a global company, we value our diversity and celebrate all our differences. Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem. If you feel you are the right candidate for the opportunity, we strongly recommend that you apply. We want to meet you!
We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits packages and working environments that are designed to be flexible and help you to care for yourself and your loved ones, now and in the future. We believe that good health means more than getting medical care when you need it. Logitech supports a culture that encourages individuals to achieve good physical, financial, emotional, intellectual and social wellbeing so we all can create, achieve and enjoy more and support our families. We can’t wait to tell you more about them being that there are too many to list here and they vary based on location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in the ability, are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us toll free at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance and we will get back to you as soon as possible .
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!