Intern - People Analytics (Summer 2024)
Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- Chicago, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we offer more than jobs, we build careers. Our HR team is passionate about growing our diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. We empower our team members to pursue unique career paths, promote a culture where all employees feel included and empowered to a make a measurable difference in our success, and value the achievements and advancement of our diverse workforce. Join our team and chart your own uniquely United career journey!
The People Analytics team is responsible for providing data driven people insights that drive the organization forward. The People Analytics intern will support data processes and ad-hoc reporting/analysis for people metrics across the employment lifecycle. The role will also support ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes, including quality control of data and/or data cleanup as needed.
- Support day to day ad-hoc data requests from HR source systems like PeopleSoft and Taleo as well as our enterprise data warehouse system
- Identify opportunities to automate requests by developing self-service reports for internal teams
- Support data processes including but not limited to maintaining data lakes utilizing programming concepts (i.e., SQL/Python) and compiling data from multiple sources for ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) into internal and external systems
- Support insights through self-service reports/dashboards
- Audit and maintain data governance model
- Assist with dashboard access and navigation
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (statistics, engineering, business analytics, information systems, aviation management or related degree)
- Knowledge of database interface tools, SQL and programming concepts
- Passionate about data analytics with a strong attention to detail
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Comfortable using PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Professional demeanor, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Work related travel may be required, individuals must be able to travel without any restrictions
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!