Intern, Private Equity (January - April 2024)
Posted on Aug. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionABOUT US
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Private Equity Group has approximately CAD$32bn of net AUM, which represents 15% of PSP’s total investment portfolio. We partner with the top PE investors in the world both via fund commitments as well as co-investments directly in companies. We invest globally across a variety of sectors and have a team of over 40 professionals in Montréal, London, and Hong Kong. Our aim is to be the investment partner of choice for private equity funds, other long-term investment institutions, founders and management teams.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE As an Intern, Private Equity, you’ll:
- Assist deal teams on the execution of transactions, including external fund commitments and/or direct investments in companies
- Participate in the management of portfolio companies as well as relationships with external investment partners
- Perform investment partner diligence as well as industry and company specific research using primary and secondary sources
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee materials
- Perform financial, valuation and returns analysis
- Rotate across Private Equity internal teams
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering degree (in penultimate or final academic year)
- Currently enrolled in an Investment program, an asset
- High academic achievement
- Business acumen and excellent financial/accounting analytical skills
- High level of proficiency with computer tools such as MS-Office (namely Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Must return to studies after the internship or the internship must be part of your curriculum
- Good communications skills in English and French (or willingness to learn) (regular interactions in English with investment partners based outside of Quebec Example: peers, bankers, brokerage firms, etc. and PSP employees in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know. This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: January – April 2024
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript.
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2023 Visit us on LinkedIn . www.investpsp.com
Sept. 27, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!