Intern- Safety Management
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Bengaluru, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Apply clinical judgement, critical thinking, and regulatory knowledge to the management of adverse event data within GPS systems to ensure data integrity, consistency, and compliance.
- Continuously expand knowledge of Lilly compounds / products (e.g., design of clinical trials, safety profile, regulatory commitments, indications, identified risks, main adverse reactions, risk minimization activities).
- Continuously expand regulatory expertise on case collection and expedited reporting requirements dictated by major regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA, EMA, MHRA, PMDA).
- Participates as a cross functional team member of study teams, as assigned
- Understand functioning of systems owned GPS (e.g., MOSAIC, LSS), contributing with updates / enhancements and solution of workflow issues
- Process adverse events and other safety information from various sources (e.g., Clinical Trials, Patient Support Programs, Lilly Market Research, literature, spontaneous reports, etc.).
- Assess individual reports identifying gaps of information and the need to conduct follow-up to clarify seriousness, expectedness, causality and achieve case completion.
- Comply with internal and external timelines for managing adverse event data entry.
- Lead/support literature search strategy updates and system issues/enhancements.
- Translate global / regional / local PhV regulatory requirements into expedited reporting rules and conduct Product License studies activities.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of data management within the GPS Systems, and other associated case management activities. These activities may include but are not limited to:
- Management of adverse events arising from various sources including but not limited to literature, Patient Support Programs (PSPs), Clinical Trials (CT), spontaneous, pregnancy, devices, Lilly Market Research (LMR), etc.
- Ensure the following: appropriate serious outcome criteria for adverse events are selected, appropriate terms selected from source documents, listedness and relatedness is completed accurately, and cases are available as appropriate for Medical Review.
- Complete or verify MedDRA coding.
- Identify concomitant medication and relevant medical history.
- Ensure appropriate Follow Up is obtained utilizing a customer experience mindset whether working with patients, HCPs, or investigators/site personnel.
- Understand and proactively manage incoming work by prioritizing and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Prioritize work to ensure internal and regulatory timelines are met.
- Be a pro-active member providing expertise on local or global projects to ensure Safety Management is consistently delivering innovation and improvements.
- Maintain understanding of PV agreements for assigned products.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Healthcare degree, or study in the area of pharmaceutical/biological science preferred.
- Critical thinking to solve problems, and make decisions autonomously, and as part of a team.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and flexibility in the use of electronic systems and adapting new and changing systems.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentations, templates, databases, search engines).
- Ability to work effectively in a global team and apply understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Fluency in English (write / read / speak)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!