Intern, Sustainability And Climate Innovation (January– April 2024)
Posted on Aug. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Montréal, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionABOUT US
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Responsible investment is an integral part of our investment approach, helping us mitigate risk, uncover opportunities to enhance long-term performance, and bring our edge. Our Sustainability and Climate Innovation group spearheads our efforts. The group helps advance our environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy, oversight, capabilities and practices; and works as one with investment teams across all asset classes to develop our collective insight and integrate ESG factors throughout our investment processes. To learn more about our responsible investment activities, please consult our 2020 Responsible Investment Report .
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern, Sustainability and Climate Innovation, you’ll:
- Carry out research and analyses related to the inclusion of Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) factors in PSP Investments’ portfolio or to cross-cutting themes (e.g., climate change, water management, working conditions and human rights, risk of corruption).
- Support the Sustainability and Climate Innovation team in assessing ESG factors related to potential transactions and investments as well as in assessing the ESG practices of external managers.
- Complete analyses, reports, quantitative reporting and various projects in support of the Responsible Investment team’s activities.
- Prepare research documents and presentations on ESG matters and support presentations and briefings within the team and to investment groups, if applicable.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate program in a relevant field (finance, business, science, economics, engineering, environment)
- High academic achievement
- Knowledge and general understanding of finance
- Good level of proficiency with MS Office suite
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact – and/or quantitative based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Proactive attitude and high level of autonomy
- Ability to work as part of a team; people skills
- Must return to studies after the internship or the internship must be part of your curriculum
- Proficiency in English and French (or willingness to learn) (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: January - April 2024
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript.
Deadline to apply: September 24, 2023
Visit us on LinkedIn . www.investpsp.com
Sept. 27, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!