Internship- Enterprise Software Intern
Posted on Sept. 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Remote, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
About Interoperability Institute’s Student Internship Program
The Interoperability Institute (IOI) Workforce Development goal is to provide early career opportunities to address the talent gap in information technology and healthcare to ensure talent supply meets the current and emerging needs of the healthcare IT industry. The Workforce Development team hosts a long-standing student internship program in partnership with our family of companies, including the Michigan Health Information Network (MiHIN) and Velatura.
Student interns provide a fresh perspective on healthcare issues and create innovative solutions that help transform the healthcare industry. Workforce Development Program Members are essential to the team at our growing, fast-paced health IT non-profit. We look for self-motivated, professional candidates who can work independently and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
IOI is a Michigan based company, however our staff is 100% remote. IOI is currently not authorized to support remote work employees in the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Delaware, Idaho, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming.
Student Internship Program Overview
- All our internships are remote, with laptop provided
- Earn hourly wage, based on experience and degree level
- Mentored by a professional full time staff member
- Required 15 hours/week within office hours (Eastern Time Zone)
- Minimum 2 semester or 6-month commitment
- Internships are part-time, temporary positions
- Internships generally start in January, May, and August
- Learn about cutting-edge healthcare initiatives
- Network with health IT industry leaders
- Collaborate with staff members and other interns on projects
Student Internship Program Requirements
All student interns must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the program’s start date
- Be legally eligible to work in the US and off-campus
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have secure, reliable internet access
The student internship program accepts international students with up-to-date work authorization for off-campus employment.
We recruit undergraduate and graduate students from many accredited college and universities. Interns must be an enrolled student for the duration of the internship, but degree area is not a concern. Our main interest is a willingness to learn and be curious.
Interns are paired with a full-time team member to mentor them throughout their internship. Interns collaborate with their mentor, their team members, and other interns on tasks and projects. High-performing interns are encouraged to stay on for multiple semesters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with company's roll out of HRIS system. Activities such as fine tuning and correcting glitches
- Assist with troubleshooting HRIS system.
- Assist with JIRA ticketing system. Activities include responding to service request, updating tickets with relevant statuses
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and assist with planning and preparation
- Document, organize, and track meeting notes and actions
- Provide support for special projects and other duties as assigned
- Course work experience in writing SQL queries and exchanges
- Understanding of financial terms
- Accounting/ Systems Administration/ HRIS Administration/ IT/ Computer Science background
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build professional relationships in a remote work environment
- Must be willing to learn new tools, new concepts, business vocabulary
- Project management experience or interest
- Process improvement experience or interest
- Analytical skills Bonus: Java Script Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion, or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socioeconomic upbringing and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Oct. 7, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!