Internship - Fall Software Engineering Internship
Posted on June 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- Woburn, United States of America
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout Us:
Midé is a sensor and smart materials company located in Woburn, MA that focuses on engineering research (looking for new solutions to problems in commercial, automotive, and defense) and development (implementing new features or products for our ship seal product lines covering sensors, tactors, and ship seals). Engineering has been deep in our culture since we were founded over 30 years ago, and people at all levels of the company have enthusiasm for the technical details of projects. We were recently acquired by Hutchinson, which has provided the stability associated with a large company without interfering with our small company feel.
Midé’s sensor product line, enDAQ, has released and supports multiple open-source Python libraries including EBMLite, for managing EBML encoding schemas, and enDAQ, for interfacing with our sensor recordings and processing data to produce and plot characteristics such as pseudo-velocity shock response spectrums.
Midé offers part time remote work, and we have a spacious and active office with mechanical and electronics labs.
Job Description: We are looking for a software engineer with experience in Python and an interest in hardware interfaces to work on features for our manufacturing and open-source system. This will be an interesting project that lets you work in a mixed electrical, software, and mechanical team to develop a code to test and analyze sensor output.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience programming in Python, particularly using SciPy, Numpy, and PyTest
- Signal processing experience, such as Fourier transforms and filtering
- Django experience is also a plus
- Strong academic record in Software Engineering or similar (eg. Physics or Math with appropriate experience).
- Desire to contribute to a dynamic environment in a self-motivated, action-oriented fashion.
- Ability to work well both as part of team and independently.
- Efficient personal time management, organization, and task prioritization
- Strong technical communication (verbal and written) to effectively present/report work for internal engineering team and potentially external customers
- Due to the nature of our government work, the applicant must be a U.S. person (citizen or Green Card holder/permanent resident)
- Rising Senior
- 3.2 GPA or higher
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
July 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!