Internship - Geology - Summer 2024
Posted on Aug. 23, 2023 by InternPlug
- Borongan, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Boron | California
Summer 2024 Internship
If you want to drive real change, we have just the place to do it. Our Graduate Development Program is an opportunity for you to shape Rio Tinto from the inside out. We want you to be part of our team to help take us forward by solving the emerging challenges of our time. At Rio Tinto, we believe the best ideas come from bringing people together with different perspectives to work toward a common goal - to create a better tomorrow.
About the role
We are offering a 3-month internship opportunity in Geology / Geoscience in Rio Tinto Boron, California Operations (riotinto.com).
This opportunity will allow you to work with the Boron Geology team. You will gain exposure to a range of activities taken on by the Geology team such as geologic mapping, core logging, sampling and data analysis, ore control, and geologic modelling. This role is part of part of a dynamic team and operation that will allow you to be exposed to and gain valuable hands-on experience to a large mining operation.
What you’ll bring
- At least one year completed in a Geology/Geoscience program or other related field
- Leadership skills, eagerness to learn and ready for the challenge ahead
- Flexibility and autonomy
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Valid driving license
- To be eligible, you must return to school the semester following the internship period and have the right to work full-time in the United States.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary
- A relocation lump-sum offered for students (for eligible students)
- Reimburse 1-time travel to and from your work site (for eligible students)
- Ambitious, exciting and rewarding experience
- Opportunity to build relationships with the Rio Tinto team and community
- A great chance to prepare yourself to join our Graduate Development Program
Where will you be working
Rio Tinto Borates is a global leader in industrial mineral supply and science. We supply approximately 25% of the world’s demand for refined borates, minerals essential to life and modern living. We seek to create mutual value by working closely with our investment partners and host communities. Our 20 Mule Team Borax brand pays tribute to our first borates mining operation in Death Valley in 1872.
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminum, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as Indigenous people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
There’s no better time to lead this change than the leaders of the future and that starts with a graduate or vacation role at Rio Tinto. Apply today.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role, you must complete all pre-screening questions.
- Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings as there is enough applicants, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Sept. 22, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!