Internship- Reporting And Operations Intern
Posted on July 20, 2023 by InternPlug
- Remote, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
About Interoperability Institute’s Student Internship Program
The Interoperability Institute (IOI) Workforce Development goal is to provide early career opportunities to address the talent gap in information technology and healthcare to ensure talent supply meets the current and emerging needs of the healthcare IT industry. The Workforce Development team hosts a long-standing student internship program in partnership with our family of companies, including the MichiganHealth Information Network (MiHIN) and Velatura.
Student interns provide a fresh perspective on healthcare issues and create innovative solutions that help transform the healthcare industry. Workforce Development Program Members are essential to the team at our growing, fast-paced health IT non-profit. We look for self-motivated, professional candidates who can work independently and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
IOI is a Michigan based company, however our staff is 100% remote. IOI is currently not authorized to support remote work employees in the following locations: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Delaware, Idaho, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming.
Student Internship Program Overview
- All our internships are remote, with laptop provided
- Earn hourly wage, based on experience and degree level
- Mentored by a professional full time staff member
- Required 15-29 hours/week within office hours (Eastern Time Zone)
- Minimum 2 semester or 6-month commitment
- Internships are part-time, temporary positions
- Internships generally start in January, May, and August
- Learn about cutting-edge healthcare initiatives
- Network with health IT industry leaders
- Collaborate with staff members and other interns on projects
Student Internship Program Requirements
All student interns must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the program’s start date
- Be legally eligible to work in the US and off-campus
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have secure, reliable internet access
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Reporting and Analytics team.
- Assist staff in daily tasks such as managing the Reporting Requests Service Desk
- Assist with OpEX department analysis
- Attend various team meetings
- Update Confluence Tasks such as process documentation
- Assist in managing Tableau maintenance, account creation, and subscriptions
- Any other Ad Hoc projects that may arise.
- Must be available to 20-29 hours a week (minimum of 4 days a week)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work remotely and stay engaged with team
- Ability to build professional relationships in a remote work environment
- Ability to take initiative on tasks with little direction
- Comfortable with Excel and Microsoft Suite
- Tableau experience
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Healthcare or Business Administration degree programs
The student internship program accepts international students with up-to-date work authorization for off-campus employment.
We recruit undergraduate and graduate students from many accredited college and universities. Interns must be an enrolled student for the duration of the internship, but degree area is not a concern. Our main interest is a willingness to learn and be curious.
Interns are paired with a full-time team member to mentor them throughout their internship. Interns collaborate with their mentor, their team members, and other interns on tasks and projects. High-performing interns are encouraged to stay on for multiple semesters.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion, or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socioeconomic upbringing and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Aug. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!