Internship - Software Development
Posted on Aug. 31, 2023 by InternPlug
- Houston, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Calpine Corporation is America's largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets. Its fleet of 76 power plants in operation and one under construction represents nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and its retail businesses, Calpine serves customers in 22 states, Canada and Mexico. Its clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner.
The company was established on the premise that a strong commitment to the environment is inextricably linked to excellence in power generation and corporate responsibility. Since its founding in 1984, Calpine has led the power industry in its unwavering commitment to environmental stewardship. In addition, its renewable geothermal plants use steam generated deep below the earth's surface to produce clean, renewable electricity.
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned)
Calpine is seeking a team-oriented software development intern for its downtown Houston app team. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with our app developers on power industry applications that support our commercial and power operations business units. The internship will provide real-world experience in software design, implementation, testing, and deployment following agile practices in a DevOps environment while utilizing modern methods and technologies like continuous integration and server-less computing.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, working towards Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, preferred.
- Rising Junior or Senior, completion of at least 30 hours.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Legally eligible to work in the United States now and in the future for any company.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Must be flexible and able to work harmoniously with others
- Good organization skills and attention to details are essential
- Strong foundational knowledge in object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with C#, SQL, HTML, JS, and CSS
- Experience with a component-based UI library like React, Angular, or Vue is a plu
Additional Calpine Information
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Sept. 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!