Internship Winter 2024 - Developer
Posted on Sept. 12, 2023 by InternPlug
- North Vancouver, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Sector: IT / Developer / Internship / Student / Full-time / Hybrid / Vancouver / Starting: January 2024
At iA Financial Group, you will have all the tools you need to reach your goals and take part in an internship that meets your expectations. You will start your career in a fast-growing company, and you will work with many technological tools and team members who will be happy to be your mentors. At iA Financial Group, there are over 2000 employees in the information technology (IT) teams.
This internship will be with a fun and welcoming team called the iAvengers. We have over 100 years of experience on our team and appreciate the new and unique perspectives of a new team member. This internship role of developer covers a mandate (but not limited to) helping our business partner (iA Special Markets) in supporting and maintaining the IT system applications they rely on.
You could have the opportunity to :
- Understand and validate the needs expressed by the team, in close collaboration with the Product Owner (PO) and/or users.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of over 10 applications, and this may include designing, programming, configuring, and integrating solutions with a “just enough—just in time” mentality.
- Actively participate and initiate discussions between team members, and other experts, to make development choices while ensuring best practices and corporate standards.
- Show constant concern for continuously improving and ensuring the security and confidentiality of digital information.
- Prepare development work for the execution of automated tests.
- Support the execution of other testing and quality assurance activities.
- Perform the required tests throughout the development process, while avoiding service interruptions.
- Implement or use a continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
- Promote the validation of the code produced by the team and ensure best practices and corporate standards are adhered to.
- Provide technical support for the software solution once put into production (anomalies, maintenance, oversight, etc.).
- Actively contribute to make sure the documentation required for the sustainability of the designed elements exists, is valid, and kept up to date.
- Actively collaborate in all the team’s activities (ceremony planning, definition of done, etc.)
You are the one we are looking for if:
- Enrolled in a University Software Engineering Program;
- Friendly and happy to work with a close team;
- Excellent communication skills (English required; French would be an asset);
- Experience with the following would be beneficial: SQL Server, Bootstrap, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, SSRS, React, C#, Azure devOps, App Dynamics, building NuGet packages, Agile/Scrum/Kanban;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite and PowerBI;
- Detail-oriented and results-oriented;
- Curious to continuously learn and explore new approaches and technologies;
- Challenge others to develop while serving as a role model;
- Available to go at the office in Vancouver once a month;
- Available full-time from January to August.
- 4-month full-time internship (January-April) and full-time student (May-August)
- 8-month full-time internship (January-August)
You found your "match" between personality and job by reading these lines? Apply now and start your career with iA Financial Group, in the comfort of your home!
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.
Oct. 12, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!