Is Administration Student
Posted on Aug. 17, 2023 by InternPlug
- Calgary, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
IS Administration Student- (2311597)
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the IS Operations team at Canadian Natural through supporting all IS departments and the business with their networking and application needs as a Network Administration Student or a Security Administration student. Canadian Natural offers countless opportunities to advance your career in an atmosphere where teamwork, innovation and your expertise are valued.
- Term length: 4 months
- Term start: May 2024
- Term type: Full-time
- Job location: Calgary, AB – Head Office
- Work schedule: 5d2x/8 HR
As a Network Administration Student:
- Deployment and setup of physical IS assets (network infrastructure)
- Documentation of physical IS assets (network infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot and resolve communication and application issues
- Assist with intake of new hardware and also hardware disposal
- Work with the Information Systems Operations group assisting with project and sustainment work
As a Security Administration Student:
- Demonstrate strong, polite and professional communication skills for use in customer service line of work.
- Meet strict deadlines and maintain a level of composure when working in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Provide users access to Canadian Natural systems in accordance with documented procedures and within SLAs
- Maintain a secure environment by granting access in accordance to the documented approval procedures.
- Provide prompt service from IS-managed system access
What You Bring to the Role:
- Currently enrolled in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of a Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to produce readable, current, and correct documentation and reports.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Previous IT work experience in the oil and gas industry and exposure to Cisco network infrastructure would be an asset
- Familiarity with any Oil and Gas applications would be an asset
- Familiarity with ITIL would be an asset
Check out our Compensation & Benefits overview to see what we have to offer!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off during Christmas week and summer Fridays in July and August
- Multiple volunteer opportunities within the community
- Students may be eligible for relocation assistance pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Student Relocation Policy. Students will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term.
- Opportunities to partake in initiatives such as the Intern Social Committee
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume, cover letter (optional) and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural operates one of the largest Campus Recruitment programs in the country hiring just over 400 students every year. Students hired on with us are made to feel a part of the team, gaining high level experience, knowledge, and training that introduce and prepare you for full-time employment.
Many of our co-op students are successfully hired for permanent positions upon graduation. Our structured new grad developmental programs exemplify our mandate to develop and advance our people. We are proud to share that Canadian Natural has been ranked as a Top Employer for 2023 by Canada's Future Workforce.
- Industry Leader: We commenced business in 1989 with a handful of employees and modest production, but today we employ more than 10,000 people and produce over 1 million BOE/d.
- Culture of Innovation: As a leading investor in R&D, we are in a unique position to find innovative ways to continuously improve our business and enhance environmental practices. This approach is key to ensuring a sustainable future and responsible energy production.
- Community Investment: Social responsibility is a critical element of our commitment to responsible operations and part of our success and pride as a Company. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work, creating shared value along the way.
- Compensation and Benefits: We strive to share Company success with all employees through a comprehensive total compensation package.
- Our People, Our Stories: Our stories demonstrate the strong culture that exists at Canadian Natural – one that focuses on developing people, working together and doing it right, with fun and integrity.
Check out some of our Student Testimonials!
All candidates applying to Canadian Natural must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This posting will close once a successful candidate has been selected.
Primary Location AB-Calgary Job Campus Program & Student Positions
Sept. 16, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!