It Engineer Internship
Posted on Sept. 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cincinnati, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Are you an IT Engineer who wants to work on a large scale to drive significant business impact? Procter & Gamble is looking for people interested in different types of engineering: software, data, AI, platform, network, or security to apply innovative technologies to business problems that require out of the box thinking. The work you will be doing could be anything from building data pipelines to feed ML models on petabytes of data and serve predictions globally, to building out our consumer facing IOT Platform, to building server-less applications to drive business needs from HR to Information Security. Regardless of the team, as an IT Engineer you are someone who solves business problems using technology.
Example Responsibilities by type:
- Software engineering: Write quality source code and deliver on time. Leverage and build CICD pipelines to deploy and test code. Understand requirements and how they translate into application features.
- AI Engineering: Engineer software and platforms with the drive towards operationalizing AI/ML models.
- Data Engineering: Engineer software and platforms with focus on building robust data pipelines.
- Security Engineering: Develop, implement, maintain, monitor, and manage security solutions and tools as well as offensive security testing and threat intel.
- Network Engineering: Develop, implement, maintain, monitor, and manage our global network infrastructure.
- Platform Engineering: Cloud platform management via Configuration Management to ensure security and full stack automation for applications and drive the use of the platform and standards for all applications. Lead continuous improvement and engineering maturity across cloud solutions.
You are primarily a problem solver, comfortable writing code, debugging, and working hands-on. You can independently identify problems and their solutions. You are interested in continuously learning and developing your own breadth and depth of technical knowledge and its application. You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals. You take pride in the quality of solutions that you build and strive to make everything automated, testable, and scalable. You work collaboratively with others on your team and across different teams, are interested learning from others, and have a desire to share your knowledge with the broader internal engineering community.
For this internship, you would be in Cincinnati, Ohio for the duration of the summer.
A full-time employee in this role would perform these responsibilities over the course of a 1.5-2-year assignment. As an intern, you will experience a subset of these responsibilities over a 3-month internship:
- In process of obtaining a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, or related technical/IT field.
- Strong understanding of network hardware and infrastructure such as routers, hubs, servers, VPNs, and switches.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to teammates and non-technical colleagues.
- You must be available during the Summer of 2024 between Mid/ Late May through early August
- A history of solving hard problems with creative solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand CI/CD and DevSecOps philosophies.
- Relevant experience in a type of engineering: software, AI, data, security, platform
IT at P&G:
Information Technology at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear - we deliver IT to help P&G win with consumers. As a P&G IT professional your expertise will be applied to diverse business problems delivering innovative, business models and capabilities built with technology. Whether your role is to create an IT innovation strategy for a business, protect our critical information systems and assets, or build a completely new way of operating, your technical knowledge will be recognized and rewarded. Your career in IT at P&G will build you through growing your technical, leadership, and influence skills; expand your perspective via experiences across multiple businesses; and cultivate depth of expertise in areas like Engineering, Analytics, Product Management, Security, etc.,
What we offer is an exciting and diverse set of opportunities to solve problems that come with being one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world. You have many interests, and our scale enables you to explore these interests and apply your problem-solving skills.
Visit http://www.pg.com to learn more.
Pay Range: $29/hr - $50/hr
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ScheduleFull time
Job SegmentationInternships (Job Segmentation)
Starting Pay / Salary Range$29.00 - $50.00 / hour
Oct. 19, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!