Posted on June 29, 2023 by InternPlug
- Chambersburg, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob Description
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for an Information Technology intern to contribute to our IT team at our Chambersburg, PA site to revolutionize the operations in our business.
The IT Internship is designed to provide current students with practical, real-world experience/exposure within the areas of Infrastructure Services, Service Desk, and Software Development. The Internship is designed to provide current students practical, real-world experience and expose them to the many facets of business and culture with Ingram Content Group (ICG). Interns will also gain knowledge of ICG business standards and procedures and handle administrative tasks for assigned departments.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people as possible to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree with an Information Technology Major
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
We have a preference for:
- Passion for learning and collaboration
- Technical knowledge regarding desktops/laptops, servers, networks, Windows / Linux operating systems or application development
- Detailed and communicates effectively both verbal and written
- Flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
The Senior Software Engineer’s key responsibilities are:
- Gain working knowledge of ICG / LSI standards for deployed PC software needs and security standards.
- Create base images for both admin and production workstations.
- Deploy created images to new PCs.
- Assembly and cabling of physical workstations to be used in production facility.
- Assist with CB Datacenter buildout including installation and commissioning of servers, infrastructure, etc.
- Assist with network integration of production-based machinery that requires connectivity to the ICG / LSI networks to include all aspects of book production (ie. Printers / Binders, Case Department, Shipping, etc.).
- Create new user accounts to coincide with associate responsibilities related to LSI production on the DMS / DMS_Admin systems.
- Assist with planning, layout, and integration of IMACS-based data gathering displays throughout production floor.
- Assist new and existing Management and Production associates in getting acclimated to new hardware.
- Work with ICG Helpdesk to coordinate and troubleshoot new Active Directory accounts.
- Assist with all other IT related tasks that may arise during buildout.
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, see, think, communicate, concentrate, learn, and work
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to operate computer equipment, including keyboard and monitor, phone equipment and other necessary office equipment
The world is reading, and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, Tennessee Book Company LLC, Ingram Content Group UK Ltd. and Ingram Content Group Australia Pty Ltd.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish
July 29, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Unpaid 3 Month IT Internship With Job Guarantee
Read Before You Apply For This JOB as it'san UNPAID INTERNSHIP: Computer Science Fresh & Under …
Paid IT Internship - Genius Squad
Job Location: University of San Diego Job Dates: June 20 to August 11, 2023 Job Hours: Monday…