It Services Intern
Posted on Sept. 8, 2023 by InternPlug
- Makati City, Philippines
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOVERVIEW The Desktop Technical Services Intern is a contributor to ISS’s global customer support organization. The position is a component to delivering high quality services to our internal client and joins our IT team providing in-house technical PC hardware and software support. A successful Technical Services team member is people-orientated and enjoys the challenge of resolving functional/technical questions and/or issues in a timely manner with in person interactions, on the phone, through chat vehicles, and remote connections. Solid technical expertise, willingness to learn and excellent customer care skills are essential for this role. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the “Face of IT” to the customer community, providing a positive experience and reflecting a positive image of IT overall.
- Hands on experience building, configuring, and supporting PCs and laptops as well as loading software, and conducting audits for unlicensed software.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Independently install, configure and support ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, and Servers.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, and printing problems.
- Excellent communicator with business users, team members and Service desk team members regarding status of activities.
- Accept user calls, submitted tickets, manages work queue, and responds to work queues for the majority of the work day.
- Tracks and maintains hardware inventory including need to dispose or procure new hardware.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- A+ Certification, a plus
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of their tickets. Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in building, installing, configuring PCs.
- Knowledge of structured Service Desk functions and operation under ITIL framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, telephone manner and a friendly disposition.
- Show initiative when attempting to resolve incidents and requests to provide the best service possible.
- Ability to learn new concepts and business processes rapidly with the enthusiasm to deliver high quality service.
- Able to remain calm and focused in a highly pressurized and time orientated environment
- Ability to coordinate & prioritize effectively & efficiently
- A+ certification is a plus
Oct. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!