Lean Implementation Intern (Fall 2023)
Posted on July 9, 2023 by InternPlug
- Hamilton, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
The internship/co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Trucks.
- The applicant will be responsible for supporting lean and continuous improvement projects on-site and working on multiple projects to improve operational efficiency.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new Standard Operating Procedures and reporting systems
- Develop tools using Microsoft Office products in conjunction with in-house operating systems to support operational needs
- Support with process data analysis
- Development and implementation of new process flows and work area designs to maximize efficiency and improve workplace ergonomics
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Availability of 40 hours per week within M-F 7:30-19:00. Final schedule to be agreed upon with the manager.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BA/BS degree in IT, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or a related field, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Experience prioritizing work effectively and being multi-task-focused in a fast-paced environment
- Proven interpersonal communication skills
- Applicants must be fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Action-oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting; seizes opportunities
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and colleagues and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, maintains confidentiality and takes accountability
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas; self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on a tough assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product or technology
Volvo Group | Mack Trucks Canada, offers international career paths, possibilities to work internationally, strong management team, compensation packages that are over the market, flexible benefit plans and a retirement savings plan.
Volvo Group | Mack Trucks Canada is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout its hiring process.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
Auto req ID142423BR
OrganizationGroup Trucks Operations
State / ProvinceOntario
Last application date14-Jul-2023
Aug. 8, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!