Learning & Development Officer
Posted on Aug. 31, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionJob Number 23150161
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin Cape Town, Convention Square, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Directly reporting to the HR Operations/L&D Manager, the successful incumbent will be expected to perform day to day duties in the HR generalist and L&D function. The HR Officer is to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in accordance with Marriott International policies and procedures.
What we offer
- Market related salary
- Learning and development opportunities through online platforms, on the job trainings and classroom-based courses
- Discounts on hotel rooms, food and beverage and spa in Marriott International portfolio
- Wellbeing activities and sustainability initiatives through the Take Care and 360° programs
- On Property Café
- Medical Aid Company Benefit
- Provident Fund Company Benefit
- Associate Uniform and Laundry service thereof
- Employee Well-being Programme
- Staff Transport
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist and support departmental leaders with new hire onboarding and induction schedule.
- Serve as a secondary SDF, capturing and maintaining accuracy of data on the CATHSETA CIMS Portal.
- Monitoring online, internal and external training completion.
- Coordinate internal, external and Marriott International training interventions. Prepare for training classes (e.g., materials, setup classes, breakdown classes).
- Conduct Training session as required ( i.e. Company Induction)
- Assist associates with accessing online training portals
- Assisting with Co-ordination of the Associate Relations Committee (Skills and EE Committee)
- Assist with preparation and completion of internal audits, WSP & ATR, annual BBBEE audit
- Conduct the end to end recruitment process for all Hotel Interns.
- Co-ordinate and partake in Takecare activities
- Assist in monitoring/tracking employee relations issues including resolution and follow-up.
- Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues.
- Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, laws and company policies and standards.
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations.
- Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines.
- Disseminate information to employees related to employer-employee relations, employee activities, and personnel policies and programs.
- Review and ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents).
- Assist in logistics, administration, and scheduling of annual employee surveys.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Human Resources Qualification
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ generalist and work experience in hospitality environment
- Experience in Learning and Development advantageous
- Good understanding of South African labour legislation (i.e. LRA,BCEA,EEA,SDA)
- Strong planning, organizing and administrative skills
- Effective business partnering with stakeholder/management and associates
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft packages essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective communication and email etiquette
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to work without supervision and meet deadlines
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering guests to regain control and enhance their well-being when they need it most while traveling, ensuring they can be the best version of themselves. To achieve the brand mission of becoming the preeminent wellness brand in hospitality, we need passionate and engaged associates to bring the brand’s unique programming to life. We want our associates to embrace their own well-being practices both on and off property. You are the ideal Westin candidate if you are passionate; you are active and take pride in how you maintain your well-being; you are optimistic; you are adventurous. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing globalteam, and become the best version of you.
Sept. 30, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!