Logistics Internship - Summer 2024
Posted on Sept. 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Austin, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionOur mission at Whole Foods Market is to nourish people and the planet, but also- future talent. We are excited to offer our 2024 Summer Internship Program to purpose-driven students seeking to make a difference in their work and in their community. Our internship program is based in Austin, Texas, down the street from our original Whole Foods Market store. Our interns don’t get us coffee; instead, they enjoy free coffee and tea while working on meaningful projects that impact our internal and external stakeholders.
Internship Program Details:
Our Summer 2024 Internships are paid for 10-weeks, full-time (40 hours/week) between June 3, 2024-August 9, 2024. The internships will be based in Austin, Texas on a hybrid schedule and are not open to remote candidates at this time.
- Weekly Summer Event Series: Weekly events for interns to connect with one another and get immersed in the Whole Foods Market culture. Previous events have included distribution center tours, cheese tastings, volunteering at the Central Texas Food Bank, supplier visits, women in leadership panel and more!
- Store Stakeholder Connection: Work a 1-day shift in our flagship Whole Foods Lamar store and gain firsthand experience connecting with our purpose.
- Intern Buddy: Opportunity to be paired with a Whole Foods Market team member outside of our team that can be a go to resource during your summer.
- Team Member Coffee Chats: Network 1:1 with Whole Foods Market team members in your field or area of interest for a 20 – 30-minute coffee chat.
- Internship Expo: End of internship presentations where you can share what projects you worked on during the summer with the entire company!
Application Review: Our internship applications will be open in September and October 2023. We will review applications on a rolling basis so next steps and interviews may not be communicated until November or December 2023.
About the Team:
The Exclusive Brands Logistics Team at Whole Foods Market is accountable for assisting with, and providing oversight and guidance for the inventory of Whole Foods Market’s Exclusive Brands products, including projects to track and improve inventory performance. We are a Liaison between central and regional teams, coordinating demand signals and availability among the tiers of our distribution network, including vendors, consolidation warehouses, Whole Foods Markets warehouses and third party logistics facilities. The team is looking for a Summer Intern to help develop and support Holiday initiatives to improve inventory reporting, tracking, and communication efficiencies across multiple cross functional departments within Whole Foods and outside Whole Foods.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly navigate ambiguity to define problems with data and interpret data from multiple channels. They will also be able to demonstrate strong project management skills to solicit feedback and define goals with stakeholders.
- Assists Seasonal and Logistics team with various activities including data gathering, data analysis, report generation, drafting presentations and documents, project management support, or other assigned duties related to holiday inventory availability and sell through reporting.
- Maintain project tracking, document next steps and communicate status updates to various stakeholders in a proactive manner.
- Create documentation and SOPs to support inventory strategy and reporting.
- Monitors and tracks initiative progress, identifying and addressing issues as they arise.
- Will attend meetings, presentations, and training to ensure exposure to the full range of Exclusive Brands functions and understanding of their key interdependencies.
- Displays basic understanding and experience with supply and demand functions, inventory management and retail replenishment.
- Possesses general understanding of retail environment and retail replenishment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Collaborative and enjoys working with a wide range of styles of partners.
- Ability to present information in different forums and with multiple levels of ability to flex presentation style based on technical skills or leadership level.
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure.
- Familiar with standard office software and applications (Microsoft Word, macros, pivot tables, vlookups), and PowerPoint).
- Listens fully and demonstrates good customer service skills.
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing or recently completed (within the past year) a Bachelor's Degree, Supply Chain & Logistics majors preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.
Oct. 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!