Marketing And Social Media Intern
Posted on July 19, 2023 by InternPlug
- Mississauga, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
If you are a positive and creative social media intern and have a flair for being immersed in social media tasks, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Position: | SM/Marketing Intern |
Salary Range: | $17.00-$19.00 | Reports To Position: | Chief Technology Officer
Classification: | Full-Time/Part-Time/Hourly
Rook Hotel is a start-up high-tech hotel in the heart of Mississauga. Located conveniently across from Square One and 15 minutes from Toronto Pearson Airport. This hotel will be composed of cutting-edge technology offering an innovative and novel experience.
As an up-and-coming high-tech hotel, we are looking for a “Social Media Intern” to join our team of A players to support our marketing and communications team.
This is a part-time or full-time intern position role supporting our communications team and you will report to our Chief Technology Officer, Adrian D’Atri. This position will be on location at our Hurontario Corporate Centre located at 3660 Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
The main responsibility of the Social Media Intern will be to create and implement a brand and social strategy to drive the Rook’s Hotel online presence showcasing it's construction status and invoke visibility by creating and posting blogs, and various social media posts.
The most important responsibility of the Social Media Intern is to develop and increase brand awareness through the usage of social media platforms using a variety of social media content including blogs that is completed with a high level of efficiency, accuracy, excitement, and positivity.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop and implement a social media and brand strategy to promote the Rook Hotel.
- Create daily blogs and other social media content using progress photos on the construction status of the Rook Hotel and post them on various channels.
- Manage the company’s various social media accounts and post content.
- Track key social media analytics of the company including the professional networking company stats and other analytics monthly.
- Interact with followers and potential customers by communicating and answering questions through the company's social pages.
- Work closely with other departments to create posts promoting our various opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Proven record of increasing brand awareness using social media
- Technological & social media savvy.
- Creative, visually driven, and outcomes driven.
- Passionate about leading and driving brand awareness to promote an exciting hotel launch.
- Have excellent written communication and digital design skills.
- Be independent and self-motivated.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office products, Canva, and key social media tools.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE
- Recent completion or working towards the completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- Experience or knowledge in creating and implementing a brand and social media strategy.
- Experience with a DSLR is an asset.
WHAT'S IN FOR YOU
- Weekends and Evenings Free
- You Get To Be Creative & Take Lots Of Pictures
- Be Our Go-To In-House SM Expert
- Be Part of a Start Up High Tech Hotel in the Heart of Mississauga
- Work Full-Time or Part-Time Hours.
Instructions-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking the “apply button” below. Selected candidates will be emailed a Career/Employment History Form which will need to be filled out in its entirety.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5B 3C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 1 year (required)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (required)
- Blogging: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: In person
Aug. 18, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!