Marketing Intern (12 Months)
Posted on Aug. 21, 2023 by InternPlug
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of marketing? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to join the Rail Infrastructure part of Siemens Mobility Limited for 12 months. This team delivers world-class railway signalling, control and electrification systems that ensure the highest levels of passenger experience and operational performance to make rail the obvious choice for the travelling public and freight operators – driving decarbonisation forward at pace.
You will be an essential marketing support to the entire business and team and will work on exciting projects that will build your marketing and business skills. As part of a close-knit team, you will have the support you need, but be given flexibility and autonomy to develop your thinking. Your base would be Chippenham, Wiltshire (subject to Covid-19 restrictions), however a portion of your time will be spent working from home or our other UK offices, and some UK travel will be required throughout your internship.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in marketing.
- Supporting the creation and running of innovative marketing campaigns to ensure that our key messages are delivered to our target audiences, positioning us in the marketplace and supporting our bidding and sales activities.
- Ensuring all marketing materials are clear, interesting, on brand and adhere to our guidelines and best practice.
- Support the gathering and sharing of business intelligence to help the marketing team proactively support and guide the marketing team.
- Supporting internal and external events, virtual and face-to-face, associated with our marketing campaigns. This includes our ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions that seek to communicate our messages to our own people in an accessible and fun way.
- Writing for a range of media and channels to communicate with a variety of audiences and managing appropriate approvals/sign-offs. This will include internal and external articles, social media thought leadership pieces to deliver the aims of our marketing campaigns.
- Turning relatively complex information into an interesting and accessible form that is relevant to the audience we are sharing it with, encouraging diverse and inclusive thinking.
- Playing a role in our ongoing development of photo and video stock, uploading images and videos to our Digital Asset Management platform with supporting licensing documentation.
- Working closely with our internal clients across the country, ensuring that we provide them with the marketing support they need. This will be at every level of the company, including our central communications function.
- Support our partner charities with at least one paid volunteering day during your year with us
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in any relevant field, but this would typically be in English, Marketing and Communications, Business Studies or Economics.
- You will be an excellent writer and adept at communicating complicated concepts simply, clearly and quickly. Being able to understand engineering and/or economics/business concepts will be an advantage for you.
- You will be good at analysing the way in which businesses run, what messages we should be sharing to support our work, which audiences to share them with and how to achieve this.
- You think logically, you are willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Marketing. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Sept. 20, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!