Marketing Intern - Toronto, On - May 2024
Posted on Sept. 12, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Position Title: Marketing Intern - Toronto, ON - May 2024
Position Type: Temporary - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 25250
Potatoes. French Fries. Taters. You love them, we make them. In fact, we make 1/3 of the world’s frozen potato products and if you have eaten fries this week, chances are, they were ours.
At McCain Foods, we know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to uplift and bring people, families, businesses and communities together. Guided by our purpose to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, we believe that working together with our teams, business and community partners will bring sustainable growth and positive change - today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
As a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries and a global team of 22,000 people, our values and culture are at the heart of everything we do.
Students like you are important to us. We aim to hire the best and brightest co-op students and interns, with the goal of having you join us as full-time employees upon graduation. Our ideal student candidate is passionate, collaborative, willing to learn and take initiative.
Why join the McCain family?
- You aren’t “just a student” at McCain, you will be treated like any other member of your team
- Work with and learn from passionate leaders
- Our core values – Family, Authentic, Trusted and Quality – shine through every day, in everything we do
- Your experience at McCain is what you make of it – ask questions, network, take advantage of the opportunity to learn from our professionals
We are looking for a North American Consumer & Operator Insights Intern to join us for a 10–12 week period, starting in May 2023.
This position will be based out of our Toronto, Canada office.
A McCain intern will have the opportunity to develop skills needed to refine critical strategic thinking needed to work in brand management as a marketing or insights professional. This intern will get exposure to the marketing team as well as key cross functional partners to better understand how insights evolve into strategies that get executed in the marketplace. One of the main duties of this intern will be to develop his/her insight evaluation skills to uncover white space opportunities that will help McCain differentiate from competitors and therefore help the business continue to thrive and grow.
This intern will join the McCain North American Consumer & Operator Insights team. The team is comprised of 8 other Insights professionals in the US and Canada that serve as Strategic Partners to the organization bringing forward trends and understanding of the McCain Food Service and Retail businesses, operators, and consumers.
What You Will Be Working On
- Projects designed for you to learn, lead, and present findings to the McCain organization including a project focused on Multigenerational and Multicultural Eating Trends, and Meals/ Snacking from Food Service at College & Universities
- Enhancing our Insights Sharing platform, The Hub
- Insight mining of our Demand Landscape Sub Spaces
- Participating in the creation and presentation of Key Insights & Strategies
What You Will Learn
- You will get real world experience by owning specific initiatives that will develop into strategies that will be executed in the marketplace
- You will get a full understanding of how an Insights team impacts multiple pieces and parts of the business across Retail and Food Service
- You will get a strong understanding of food – from soil to table
- You will work with our talented McCain chefs to learn how their knowledge helps us stay one step ahead of the competition
- You will get exposed to how brand marketing works in communication development and new product innovation
- You will develop data analytical skills through learning external data sources such as NPD and IRI
- You will get a strong grounding in how a Demand Landscape is built and utilized across an organization to build strategy and focus initiatives
- You will get 1:1 training and development from your Insights team and cross functional partners
- You will have the ability to learn from the endless data and reports available to McCain related to Food, People, and Culture
What You Need to be Successful
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Consumer Insights, Marketing, Market Research, or Integrated Marketing Communications with completed coursework in Consumer Behavior
- A sense of curiosity that has you always wondering why people do what they do, what trends are peaking, and what the future can be
- An interest in food and food trends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter that is comfortable working on his/her own as well as within teams
- Analytical thinker that loves digging into data
What You Can Expect From Us
- A supportive team that will encourage you to be and do your best
- A safe and flexible working environment that promotes work/life balance
- The opportunity to be part of meaningful work and projects
- The opportunity to be part of our student community, to connect with students across North America
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Student & Graduates; Marketing
Division: NA Potato
Department: Marketing Insights NA
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)
Oct. 12, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!