Medical Registrar - Basic Trainees
Posted on Sept. 13, 2023 by InternPlug
- Hastings, New Zealand
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionFull time, permanent positions 6 or 12 month attachments There are exciting opportunities for Medical Registrars to join Te Whatu Ora Hawke’s Bay in full time positions. Applications are invited for the position of Medical Registrars - Basic Trainees commencing as soon as possible and/or for the 2024 training year. Hawke’s Bay Hospital is a 400 bed hospital providing acute and elective care for the Hawke's Bay region. There are over 8000 acute medical admissions each year. We have most major medical and surgical subspecialties on site (except cardiothoracic and neurosurgery), as well as paediatrics and O&G. We are well supported by a strong regional ICU team. We have strengthening Primary and Community health services and an increasingly integrated approach to health and health care. The Department of Medicine widely known for it’s collegialty and supportive working conditions. We are committed to education and training, and our Departmental Education Programme aligns to the Royal Australsian College of Physician’s Basic Training Curriculum, with teaching sessions occurring on 4 days of the week. The Department of Medicine has 9 ward-based teams with 20 Dual Trained Internal Medicine Physicians, 26 Registrar, 15 House Officers, and Trainee Intern support. Current runs include Cardiology, Respiratory, Endocrinology, General Medicine with Neurology and Older Peoples’ Health, Renal, Acute Admitting, and outpatient-based Medical Oncology and Haematology. We provide the opportunity to complete all the requirements of Basic Training We offer Junior Medical Registrar positions to support the transition from Senior House Officer to Medical Registrar. A formal mentoring programme is also being established to provide additional support and advice, especially regarding wellbeing and career advancement. We also have positions for Advanced Trainees in General Medicine, Renal Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, and Older Person’s Health. Please note you will need to specify if you wish to request Medical Oncology and Haematology run in your application. Hawke’s Bay Hospital is a 400 bed hospital providing acute and elective care for the Hawke's Bay region. Te Whatu Ora Hawkes Bay in general encourages a workforce that’s innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we’ll support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us. We’re committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira – Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values. We’re are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve. If you’re not already living in Hawke's Bay and making the most of what's on offer, you should know it boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches. Whether you like living by the sea, next to the river, nestled in the hills, in a village community, or an art deco city... Hawke's Bay has it all. Overseas candidates may be eligible for relocation assistance. Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3+ or above.
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The Immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
- Up to date CV noting full dates of employment.
- Cover letter specifying your preferred start date.
- 3x Reference Request form (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor). Reports must be received by the stated closing date to complete your application. Click HERE to download the Reference Request Form. References should be returned to the Recruitment Consultant, contact details below.
Oct. 13, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!