Nwrec Bes Intern Program – Vegetables
Posted on July 12, 2023 by InternPlug
- North Aurora, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionThis recruitment will be used to fill one part-time (a maximum of 24 hours per week) BES Intern position for the North Willamette Research and Extension Center at Oregon State University (OSU).
This position is located in Aurora, OR at the North Willamette Research and Extension Center. The vegetable production area is approximately five acres of greenhouse and field.
The BES intern will work with our team who are managing a variety of experiments that look growth and production of vegetable crops and plant protection innovations. Position Duties Plant Research 60%. Collaborate on projects in progress including developing new plant protection product mixtures to be trialed in the field and greenhouse for protection against insect pests. Help with other field based vegetable and herb crop trials, sampling, and general plot maintenance.
Data Collection. 30%. Assists with insect damage assessments, biomass sampling, seed harvest, and data collection for production trials according to study protocols. Minimum Qualifications Full Employment Eligibility Requirements can be found here: http://fa.oregonstate.edu/stu-manual/500-employment-eligibility-requirements
- Must be academically enrolled in a high school, community college, or university and pursuing a program or course of study
- Must meet Academic Standing Requirements; students on academic suspension are not eligible for employment
- Must meet the applicable minimal enrollment standard
- High School student: Regularly enrolled in a high school or participating in a home-schooling program
- Undergraduate and post-baccalaureate student: 6 credit hours per term
- Undergraduate international student: 12 credit hours per term*
- Graduate student officially admitted to Graduate School: 5 credit hours per term
- Graduate international student officially admitted to Graduate School: 9 credit hours per term*
- International students may be allowed to carry fewer hours than specified above and still be considered “full-time” by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). A reduced course load is approved by the Office of International Services (OIS), and must be provided to the Student Employment Center.
- Must have been awarded the 2022 -2023 BES Experiential Learning Internship.
- Attention to detail
- Perform assigned tasks without close supervision
- Capable of working outside and standing/walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working on a farm.
- Two years of college-level courses in Horticulture/Crop Science/Agronomy/Soil Science/Botany or other Biology/Natural Resources discipline.
Number of Vacancies 1
Anticipated Appointment Begin Date 06/16/2023
Anticipated Appointment End Date
Posting Date 06/12/2023
Full Consideration Date
Closing Date 09/30/2023
Indicate how you intend to recruit for this search Competitive / Student - open to ALL qualified/eligible students
Special Instructions to Applicants When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
- A Resume/Vita (required)
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position (optional)
For additional information please contact Kristie Buckland at email@example.com
Qualified applicants will be contacted as positions become available.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
OSU will conduct a review of the National Sex Offender Public website prior to hire.
Note: All job offers are contingent upon Human Resources final approval.
Aug. 11, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!