Posted on July 4, 2023 by InternPlug
- Midrand, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
JOB PURPOSE AND PROFILE
To provide coordination and administrative support to the Acquisitions unit to ensure the effective and efficient coordination of procurement efforts and the monitoring of project progress and implementation in support of the execution of the overall strategy.
- Provide input into the budget and tactical work plans for the Acquisitions Management business unit in consultation with the Specialist: Acquisitions Management.
- Work with all the Business areas, to identify gaps in processes, analyse and improve where necessary to increase speed, quality, and gain efficiencies in the implementation of CETA projects.
- Assist in the planning, designing, implementation and communication of the overall Acquisitions Framework for procurement, in consultation with all business unit management and executives.
- Source products, services, and resources according to the various business units and provincial office needs and scope of services.
- Prepare procurement documentation to source goods and services as per prescribed policies and protocols.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best value after approval for low value low risk goods and services.
- Select appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manage the vendor on-boarding process and ensure that all vendor documents are submitted and verified for upload to the system.
- Convert requisitions to purchase orders where required as per Standard Operating Procedures and expedite requisitions into purchase when required.
- Effectively submit and expedite contract requests with the Tender and Contracts management unit to ensure prompt commencement and/or delivery of services.
- Oversee the delivery of goods and/or services as per the RFQ and Service Contract.
- Liaise with suppliers and follow up on orders placed with service providers and/or suppliers to ensure that goods are delivered timeously.
- Attend to and resolve internal queries’ relating to order status and respond to internal client and supplier inquires related to all purchase orders and deliveries.
- Coordinate and verify all procurement invoices for accuracy and in line with the Acquisition budget and quotations for approval and submission to the Finance business unit.
- Prepare internal reports with relevant procurement data as required.
- Conclude all required tenders timeously and effectively and apply escalation and approval in line with the Delegations of Authority.
- Coordinate all Bid Specification, Evaluation and Adjudication committee activities in line with Public Finance Management Act protocols and advise all members of their roles and responsibilities.
- Liaise with all business units to draft bid documents based on accurate business needs and in line Public Finance Management Act protocols.
- Coordinate the submission of tenders from various services provides and manage tender documents in line with Public Finance Management Act protocols.
- Attend to and resolve internal queries’ relating to the tender process status and respond to internal client and service provider inquires related to all bid documents, bid scope and deliveries.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in line with applicable Acts, Regulations and per CETA relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with relevant requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity.
- Review related Standard Operating Procedures in consultation with the Specialist: Acquisitions Management to ensure business optimisation.
- Adhere to all relevant laws, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the organisation.
- Contribute to the review and update of the CETA policies and procedures (all staff)
- Prepare and submit to supervisor accurate, complete, and credible monthly reports as required for consolidation and tabling at monthly EXCOs.
- Ensure all work performed is backed-up regularly as per ICT polices onto the CETA electronic servers.
- Apply / implement and undertake all activities and duties in line with policies, procedures and relevant laws and regulations applicable to the task at hand.
- Attend risk, compliance, ethics and fraud prevention updates meetings, trainings and workshops as scheduled by CETA.
- Contribute to the risk maturity levels at the CETA.
- Follow protocols and report suspicious activities, corrupt or fraudulent activities that one is aware of; onto the CETA whistle blowing and fraud prevention hotline.
- Ensure that all relevant CETA registers, reconciliations and regulatory reports are compiled and submitted on time.
- Assist with the supervision of the team, by planning, assigning, and monitoring tasks aligned to deliver on performance objectives and in response to changes in processes.
- Provide support in the enhancement of relevant knowledge and skills through continuous coaching, mentoring, and nurturing of supervised talent.
- Provide support in creating a high-performance culture and manage team performance effectively and provide input into the annual performance goals and measures into individual work plans based on agreed upon objectives.
- Provide support in the management of poor performance and disciplinary matters in line with the CETA’s policies and procedures.
- Live and demonstrate exemplary behaviours driven and anchored on / by CETA values.
- Ensure that on-the-job training, learning, and development is taking place.
- Share and play an effective role in ensuring that teams assist in achieving of strategic goals and mandate of the CETA.
- Supervise, empower, coach and /mentor interns that are assigned to the business unit.
- Build and maintain relationships with all CETA business units for the purposes of expectations management and knowledge sharing.
- Provide advocacy on matters related to acquisitions to empower the CETA stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
- Convene and attend meetings and present findings and business cases to relevant stakeholders when required.
- Implement timeous communication on progress and challenges in achieving the tactical work plans to impact stakeholders.
- Attend industry related forums, conferences, and workshops to gain industry insight for the purpose of business improvement.
- Attend and address all stakeholder queries timeously and effectively.
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of CETA by ensure no wasteful and fruitless expenditures are incurred in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that is assisting the business unit to operate within the allocated operational budgets.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Matric /Grade12
- Diploma/ Advanced Certificate in a relevant field NQF level 6
- 3-4 Years experience in a relevant field – Operational
- 1 – 2 Years in Supervising others – Supervisory
- Valid drivers licence
The following Attributes are necessary to succeed in this role:
- Punctual, self-discipline and a motivated team player.
- Ethical consciousness and conduct in all dealings with the matters of CETA.
- Emotionally intelligent and communicates well across all levels.
- Analytical and pay attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Adaptable and problem-solver.
- Excellent negotiation and organising skills.
- Innovative and creative self-starter.
- Ability to work with difficult individuals.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Remuneration for this role is a negotiable basic plus benefits package per annum, in line with the CETA Remuneration Policy and the applicable salary scales. A competitive package will be negotiated to attract best candidates.
The appointment will be a long-term appointment linked to CETA licence, subject to satisfactory performance as per Performance Management Policy of the CETA.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to vetting and assessment process by the CETA; with the successful candidates subjected to security vetting.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
The CETA reserves the right to cancel this advert, and / or not to appoint.
CETA will only correspond with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive correspondence from CETA within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
“CETA is committed to providing equal opportunities and practicing affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in the organisation through filling of this position and candidates whose appointment will promote representativity will receive preference”.
Aug. 3, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!