Ottawa – Fall 2023 Internship - Internship – Communication
Posted on July 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Ottawa, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Ottawa – Fall 2023 Internship
Internship – Communication
If you want to drive real change, we have just the place to do it. Our Internship Program is an opportunity for you to shape Rio Tinto from the inside out. We want you to be part of our team to help take us forward by solving the emerging challenges of our time. At Rio Tinto, we believe the best ideas come from bringing people together with different perspectives to work toward a common goal – to create a better tomorrow.
About the role
We are offering a 4-month Fall internship in the Rio Tinto External Affairs Canada team. The role will involve assisting and facilitating corporate relations research relative to external affairs initiatives.
Some key areas of work will include:
- Research and writing for Rio Tinto publications and internal documents
- Issue scans and planning documentation, and presentation delivery
- Variety of day-to-day organizational and support tasks for the external affairs team and will be expected to produce high-quality materials
- Other duties may include support functions including administrative work
- At least one year completed in a Bachelor or Master program in communications, or related field
- Strong written, oral and analytical skills
- Positive mindset and keen to learn about the resource sector
- Flexibility and Autonomy
- An organized and versatile team player with the ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Proficiency in all basic computing programs, including Excel
- To be eligible, you must return to school the semester following the internship period and have the right to work full-time in Canada.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary
- Ambitious, exciting and rewarding experience
- Opportunity to build relationships with the Rio Tinto team and community
- A relocation lump-sum offered for students, when applicable
Where you will be working
Corporate Relations provides expertise and advice across all aspects of communications, brand strategy and positioning, media relations and stakeholder engagement with customers, employees and civil society through to governments and the general public.
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminum, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Every Voice Matters
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
There’s no better time to lead this change than the leaders of the future and that starts with a graduate or vacation role at Rio Tinto. Apply today.
Please note, to be considered for this role, you must complete all pre-screening questions.
- Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings as there is enough applicants, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
Aug. 25, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!