Posted on June 24, 2023 by InternPlug
- North Aurora, United States of America
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionP3 Transitions of Care/Outpatient Pharmacy Intern
Location: University of Colorado Hospital
Are you flexible, adaptable, and ready to enhance your school of pharmacy studies while you develop and learn within the UCHealth system? This is an opportunity to learn the future of ambulatory care pharmacy services and grow with UCHealth throughout pharmacy school.
This unique role allows interns to work in our outpatient pharmacies and with our pharmacy transitions of care team. Based on individual performance, the successful intern will have the opportunity to work closely with pharmacists to provide clinical services in these areas.
Work Schedule: PRN Flex
Job Duties: The job duties described here encompass what the intern will learn over the course of their time here during pharmacy school.
- Coordinate the fulfillment and bedside delivery of discharge prescriptions by collaborating with the patient, family members and their healthcare team
- Conduct discharge medication counseling
- Participate in completing prior authorizations for discharge medications and medication cost consults
- Work in our pharmacy call center to triage and resolve patient calls
Pharmacy Transitions of Care
- Perform medication reconciliation on newly admitted patients in order to reduce inpatient medication errors
- Address discharge medication barriers
- Assist with discharge medication reconciliation
- Conduct discharge medication counseling or counseling about the patient's disease state
- Provide a list of the patient's discharge medications to their community pharmacy
- Participate in assigned education and training programs
- Complete administrative and clinical projects as requested
- During the school year, the intern should expect to work a minimum of 12 hours/week throughout the year, including rotating through weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday) 1 in every 4 weekends. During the summer, the intern should expect to work full time, rotating through evening and weekend shifts, though some time off may be possible.
- Minimum Required Education: Enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy and in good standing. Starting P3 year in the fall/expected gradation in Spring 2025.
- Required Licensure/Certification: State Intern licensure.
- Preferred: Previous Pharmacy Technician experience, but not required.
The pay range for this position is: $19.67 - $25.57 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
July 24, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!