Principal Intern (Year 10 Students)
Posted on Sept. 11, 2023 by InternPlug
- Queenstown, New Zealand
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout Us: Liger Academy is an innovative educational institution located in the picturesque Queenstown, Otago. We are dedicated to providing a dynamic and immersive learning experience for our students. In our commitment to fostering leadership skills and nurturing young talents, we are excited to introduce the "Principal Intern" programme, giving Year 10 students a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in educational leadership.
The Role: We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Year 10 students to apply for the "Principal Intern" position. This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in educational leadership, make a positive impact on the lives of students, and contribute to the success of Liger Academy. The programme aims to inspire leadership, build confidence, and encourage active participation in school life. Responsibilities:
- Shadow the school principal and gain insights into their daily responsibilities.
- Participate in leadership meetings and discussions.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff on school improvement projects.
- Organise and lead school assemblies or special events.
- Share ideas and initiatives to enhance the school experience for students.
- Engage with peers and gather feedback to improve school policies and programmes.
- Create a brief report or presentation on their experience as a "Principal Intern."
- Plan and organise Opportunity Block activities.
- Run a whole-school assembly on Friday.
- Lead a Student Council meeting.
- Supporting the School's Vision and Goals: Actively contribute to the school's big ideas and objectives. Encourage fellow students and educators to do the same.
- Efficient School Operations Management: Ensure the smooth running of day-to-day school tasks. Assist in setting goals and monitoring the effective functioning of school processes.
- Team Formation and Motivation: Collaborate effectively with faculty and students, delegate responsibilities, and inspire team members to make positive contributions to school initiatives.
- Self-Awareness: Demonstrate self-awareness by recognizing your strengths, areas for improvement, and how your actions impact others. Use this insight to adapt and contribute effectively.
- Problem Solving: Possess strong problem-solving skills to address challenges and identify opportunities for enhancing the school environment.
- Effective Communication: Communicate articulately through spoken and written means, fostering clear understanding when working collaboratively.
- Role model: The ideal candidate will embody the Liger Core Values of; Integrity, Stewardship, Ingenuity, Optimism, Appreciation & Determination.
Contract Duration: The "Principal Intern" programme will take place during Week 2 of Term 4 in 2024. The selected student will serve in this role for one week.
Remuneration: In recognition of their dedication and efforts, the successful candidate will receive a generous wage. “Principal Intern will receive a $100 voucher for a shop of their choice in Five Mile.
Application Process: To apply for the Principal Intern position, please submit the following application materials:
A current resume or CV.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the internship and your career goals in educational leadership.
- Contact information for at least two professional or academic references.
This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in educational leadership, make a positive impact on the lives of students, and contribute to the success of Liger Academy. Join us in shaping the future of education and preparing for a rewarding career in school leadership.
Oct. 11, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!