Product Management Development Program (Pmdp) Intern
Posted on June 29, 2023 by InternPlug
- West Hartford, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionWho Are We? Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Job Category Product Management/Pricing Compensation Overview The hourly salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual hourly rate for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards. Salary Range $22.00 - $23.00 Target Openings 15 What Is the Opportunity? The intent of this position is to provide our 2023 Travelers Summer Interns and Summer Students the ability to apply to our 2024 PMDP intern opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date, we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern or Summer Student between June 2023-August 2023 to apply at that time.
As a Product Management Development Program Intern, you will play an integral role in the Product Management organization of Travelers' Personal Insurance or Select Small Commercial. Our Product Management area is the fastest growing section of Travelers and provides interns with the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of fast-paced projects and training.
The Internship program is based in Hartford, CT and subsidized housing is available for students who live beyond a commutable distance from Hartford, CT. What Will You Do?
- PMDP internships are designed to be challenging and developmental. Interns are given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects during the course of the summer. Some examples of these projects include:
- A group capstone project, which is a summer-long project that culminates with a final presentation to senior management and other members of our Personal Insurance and Select Small Commercial businesses.
- Quantifying the impact of pricing and underwriting decisions.
- Analyzing the marketplace first-hand through competitor and industry data.
- Participating in the negotiation of pricing decisions with various distribution channels, including conversations with sales/agencies in the field.
- Researching and analyzing industry trends, competitor activity and regulatory changes.
- Developing and implementing underwriting guidelines and product coverage enhancements.
- Collaborating with Finance, Actuarial, Field Sales, Research and Development, Risk Management, Claim, and other areas of the Product Management Organization.
- Participating in introductions of new products and enhancements to multi-site territories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travelers is a business leader in providing products and services to a variety of clients. Consistently meeting customer needs gives us the edge in the insurance and financial industry. To maintain that edge, we prefer candidates with the following qualifications:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Access is a plus.
- Work availability from early June through August (10-12 weeks).
- Legally eligible to work in the United States on a permanent full-time basis.
- Suggested majors:
- Actuarial Science
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Other Business-Related Majors
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, and exhibit the ability to drill down on information and draw conclusions.
- You must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .
July 29, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!