Project Management & Project Controls Internship - 2024
Posted on Sept. 7, 2023 by InternPlug
- Charlottetown, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionMore than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives. Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits. Position Summary Be a part of something powerful. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, it’s Duke Energy. Be a part of a team dedicated to innovation and service. A company with a strategic long-term plan for growth. Help us build a smarter energy future! Duke Energy is one of America’s largest utilities, serving more than 9 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Duke Energy is executing an aggressive clean energy transition to achieve its goals of net-zero methane emissions from its natural gas business by 2030 and net-zero carbon emissions from electricity generation by 2050. Click here to learn more.
- Forbes names Duke Energy as a World’s Best Employer
- Duke Energy donates over $70 million to communities in need
- Click here for Duke Energy’s Social Media
- On-the-job experience: Working independently as well as part of a high-performing team while having an end-to-end ownership of a distinct deliverable that has a direct impact on the business. You will begin to build a robust set of career-impacting interpersonal communication skills by actively participating in your team's day-to-day activities.
- A speaker series (virtual and/or in-person): Duke Energy’s top leaders share their career paths, tips and advice, while also sharing insights on the business organizations they serve.
- Engagement and social activities with other interns: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time employees. You will have the opportunity to create lasting professional relationships, build your network, and take advantage of a diverse and rapidly growing workforce.
- Competitive Hourly Pay & 401K contributions
- Meaningful work assignments that impact sustainability within the energy industry
- Mentorships and networking opportunities with Duke Energy Leaders
- Opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation
- Opportunity to present to leadership and your peers your impactful contribution towards our path to net zero
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Building Science Accounting, or Business, or Project Management
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Hybrid, field, and onsite work environment opportunities available
- Some opportunities require a valid driver’s license
- Many of our opportunities require a 40-hour work week
- Housing stipend available when applicable
Oct. 7, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!