Pyxis Analyst Intern
Posted on Aug. 16, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionBain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 65 cities in 40 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
Pyxis by Bain and Company seeks an Analyst Intern who can help support in the strengthening and coordination of Pyxis’ rapidly growing client base and revenue. We are looking for someone with the ability to help contribute to the analytics portion of Pyxis’ business and maintain ongoing world-class delivery times, quality control, use cases and systems. Ideally, this position helps drive alternative data analytics in coordination with Bain Consulting and other Bain departments to ensure a cohesive approach in how alternative data is used throughout the company.
Primary job responsibilities are:
- Analyze, clean and structure raw alternative data sets (e.g. credit card data, email receipt data, amazon order data, clickstream data, foot traffic data) to generate actionable findings in conjunction with Bain consulting teams.
- Guide consulting teams on how to best use the data to develop relevant findings.
- Brainstorm relevant and cutting-edge ways to use and integrate alternative data into Bain and Bain clients’ processes and strategy development.
- Maintain and develop analytical tools and develop catalogs of analytical frameworks conducted to date.
- Able to quickly distribute project information to relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Maintain strong verbal communication including project updates, information sharing across teams, risks, and escalation of issues to Pyxis Leadership and Client Partner.
- Ambition to be part of a small, agile team within Bain, with a drive to actively participate in making the organization work better and enhance a culture that continually attracts top-tier talent.
- A little managed chaos makes you feel right at home.
- You are passionate about your work, interested in cutting-edge data analytics, and want to do something meaningful.
- Positive attitude, no matter what.
- You realize data has the power to positively transform organizations and business growth.
- You understand the power of collaboration.
- Someone has used the word entrepreneur to describe you.
- You’ve proven over and over that you are a team player
- Experience in finance, accounting, software development, or big data analytics.
- Experience in the creation, execution, and insights associated with data.
- Lead by example, empowering your teammates to generate world-class, accurate work.
- A champion for innovation that positively impacts the clients’ and Pyxis’ bottom line.
- Proficient Excel spreadsheet domination.
- Ideally, some familiarity with a range of analytics software (Alteryx, Tableau).
- Problem solver, calm and solutions-oriented in stressful situations.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
Sept. 15, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!