Posted on Sept. 6, 2023 by InternPlug
- Xindian, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionA home for data teams around the world. Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our TEDx talk and case studies.)
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They're made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, and business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We have awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India's National Data Platform used by India's Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa's article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
We're growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list ). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We're backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors.
Watch this three-minute video of our journey so far and where we're going (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn't mean that work should be!
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
What will you do?
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify system requirements.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
What makes you a match for us?
- You are fluent in HTTP and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand.
- You have a basic understanding of DevOps (log rotation, reverse proxies, and other activities that give reliability to the software in development).
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Proven work experience in Agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools is a plus.
- You love open source as much as we do!
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life's best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life's best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We'd normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But given the global pandemic, we've opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Atlan Team Handbook The Values of an Atlanian
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now!
Oct. 6, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
Job descriptionWe looking for a passionate SQA interns to join our team! We are looking for candida…
Full-Time Pune Avegen is a digital healthcare company empowering individuals to take control of…
Codility Solutions is seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented individuals for the position of …
Our quality assurance interns work as part of our QA teams and help plan testing efforts, execute t…