Posted on Aug. 28, 2023 by InternPlug
- Bengaluru, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
How will you make an impact?
The Intern will be part of a team passionate about recombinant antibody development, both primary and secondary antibody development.
A Day in the Life:
- Train in molecular biology and immunoassays, which requires use of multi-channel pipettes, reagent preparation and sample tracking.
- To improve the current molecular biology strategies for secondary antibody development.
- To adopt stringent QC measures in finding the right recombinants and scaling up recombinants' DNA for bulk production
- To leverage automation to improve the throughput in the current processes.
- Be responsible for calibration and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment. Documentation of these activities.
Keys to Success:
- Theoretical knowledge on molecular biology
- Basic hands-on molecular biology laboratory techniques required such as micropipetting, solution preparation, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Individual must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent at record keeping and highly organized; neat and tidy and cognizant of shared lab space.
- Self-motivated individual who actively seeks new challenges.
- Capacity to learn new technologies/concepts rapidly and apply them to the needs of the lab.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response
Sept. 27, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!