Posted on Aug. 17, 2023 by InternPlug
- Calgary, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Reclamation Student- (2311950)
Are you a student looking for an exciting opportunity that is full of meaningful, diverse, and ambitious assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? Join Canadian Natural, where we strive to provide opportunities based on your abilities, helping you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects!
We are looking for a passionate and driven Environmental Sciences or Engineering student to join our Development Operations Reclamation team! You will have the exciting opportunity to be part of an active reclamation team responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of operations related to assessment, remediation, and reclamation activities. Build on your classroom knowledge through working with and learning from experienced industry professionals at one of Canada’s largest independent oil and gas producers. Join a company culture that fosters a fun working environment, developing meaningful relationships, and doing it right!
- Term length: 8 months
- Term start: May or September 2024
- Job location: Calgary, AB – Head Office
- Shift schedule: 5d2x/8 HR
- Safety sensitive position: Yes
- Support the Reclamation team through data acquisition/analysis for optimization projects, well records reviews and ongoing operations support
- Acquire hands-on experience with several widely-used industry software programs including Siteview, Accumap and Tableau
- Gain exposure to all aspects of reclamation including phase 1 environmental site assessments (ESAs), phase 2 ESAs, remediation, and reclamation reports including reclamation applications
What You Bring to The Role:
- Currently enrolled in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of a recognized Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related program
- Possess a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license or equivalent out of province license
- Attention to detail, organized, collaborative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Check out our Compensation & Benefits overview to see what we have to offer!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off during Christmas week and summer Fridays in July and August
- Multiple volunteer opportunities within the community
- Students may be eligible for relocation assistance pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Student Relocation Policy. Students will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term.
- Opportunities to partake in initiatives such as the Intern Social Committee
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural operates one of the largest Campus Recruitment programs in the country hiring just over 400 students every year. Students hired on with us are made to feel a part of the team, gaining high level experience, knowledge, and training that introduce and prepare you for full-time employment.
Many of our co-op students are successfully hired for permanent positions upon graduation. Our structured new grad developmental programs exemplify our mandate to develop and advance our people. We are proud to share that Canadian Natural has been ranked as a Top Employer for 2023 by Canada's Future Workforce.
- Industry Leader: We commenced business in 1989 with a handful of employees and modest production, but today we employ more than 10,000 people and produce over 1 million BOE/d.
- Culture of Innovation: As a leading investor in R&D, we are in a unique position to find innovative ways to continuously improve our business and enhance environmental practices. This approach is key to ensuring a sustainable future and responsible energy production.
- Community Investment: Social responsibility is a critical element of our commitment to responsible operations and part of our success and pride as a Company. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work, creating shared value along the way.
- Compensation and Benefits: We strive to share Company success with all employees through a comprehensive total compensation package.
- Our People, Our Stories: Our stories demonstrate the strong culture that exists at Canadian Natural – one that focuses on developing people, working together and doing it right, with fun and integrity.
Check out some of our Student Testimonials!
All candidates applying to Canadian Natural must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This posting will close once a successful candidate has been selected.
Primary Location AB-Calgary Job Campus Program & Student Positions
Sept. 16, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!