Resource Developer – Sanccob Gqeberha
Posted on July 15, 2023 by InternPlug
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator
SANCCOB, a leading marine conservation non-profit organisation, seeks to employ a Resource Developer to join its Eastern Cape centre in Gqeberha on a full-time basis. The incumbent will present SANCCOB’s fundraising projects to existing and potential funders, and co-develop and implement fundraising initiatives, as well as manage SANCCOB’s brand in the Eastern Cape.
- Create and manage awareness of seabird and marine conservation issues in the Eastern Cape and grow SANCCOB’s brand through marketing, public relations, media, events, and awareness.
- Produce press releases for local media and supporters, manage media relations and grow social media presence through content creation and consistent updating.
- Develop, implement, and manage SANCCOB’s marketing activities and campaigns in the Eastern Cape.
- Plan and implement marketing and fundraising events (festival events, market activations, exhibitions, centre events, etc.).
- Manage and grow third party fundraisers and platforms where SANCCOB is a beneficiary.
- Measure fundraising income against monthly targets and respond/adapt to ensure goals are timeously met.
- Manage and develop SANCCOB’s individual giving programme and use online marketing tools innovatively.
- Maintain and grow the penguin, seabird, and egg adoption programmes via marketing campaigns as an integral part of the individual giving programme.
- Create revenue-generating opportunities within the Eastern Cape and grow the existing earned income through various programmes.
- Manage and further develop SANCCOB’s bequest programme in the Eastern Cape, which includes liaison with estate executors, fiduciary entities, and other.
- Maintain, manage, and grow the SANCCOB membership programme in the Eastern Cape to increase memberships and related income.
- Retain and grow the number and value of regular and monthly donors, against pre-determined targets.
- Research, identify and engage with potential donors to present fundraising projects to.
- Prospect, engage and secure partnerships and funding with corporates, CSI departments, and other.
- Identify and cultivate new prospective business, such as local and international corporates, zoos, aquaria, trusts, and foundations.
- Maintain existing stakeholder relationships and prospect and develop new stakeholder relationships that will benefit SANCCOB.
- Grant writing and drafting of funding proposals to attract dedicated and undedicated funding from individuals, philanthropic entities, corporates, trusts, foundations, zoos, aquaria, etc.
- Facilitate donor/stakeholder visits and assist with centre tours.
- Stewardship (relationship building and communications) of all donor groups within portfolio.
- Analyse donor data from the organisation’s information management system (DevMan) to segment, report on, and communicate with donors.
- Draft, design and submit progress reports/interesting stories to donors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that donor/stakeholder reports are professionally, accurately, and timeously completed and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Secure donations in-kind, which includes researching suppliers, securing goods/services, and maintaining relationships.
- Maintain excellent donor records and updated records of communications with donors on SANCCOB’s data management system (DevMan).
- Share contact details of all contacts with the DevMan administrator for SANCCOB’s database.
- Update and maintain the database of all related fundraising contacts on SANCCOB’s database management system.
- Assist Volunteer Co-ordinator to recruit, train and manage volunteers/interns for marketing, awareness, and fundraising activities.
- Assist with fundraising and marketing within the resource development department.
- Assist with any other tasks necessary for the conduct of the employer’s business, as SANCCOB may from time to time direct.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, media or public relations preferred.
- Minimum of two years marketing, media, public relations, or promotional experience.
- Ability to work against a performance target and exercise strict budget control on events and marketing budgets.
- Proven project management skills for events and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently and within a larger team.
- Photography and design skills.
- Valid code 8 driver’s license.
- Willingness to work over alternate weekends and certain public holidays (5 days out of 7).
- Only open to South African ID holders.
Please forward CV (maximum 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday, 24 July 2023 by 17h00.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.
Aug. 14, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!