Sap Ixp Intern - Machine Learning Developer [Vancouver]
Posted on Aug. 18, 2023 by InternPlug
- North Vancouver, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Machine Learning Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: August 2023
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Quick at learning new development languages and keen on learning how SAP applications work
- Develop application features and enhancements, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
- Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
- Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
- Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
- Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
- Able to test and debug applications and solutions
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Experience with databases, data and deployment pipelines, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation and DevOps tool chain – Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, GitHub
- Experience with developing web services and RESTful services
- Experience using libraries such as pandas, nltk, scikit learn and knowledge in statistics
- Experience with testing frameworks, test automation, Junit and integration testing
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Experience with source control systems such as Git-Gerrit, GitHub
- Experience working in team environment, leading assigned topics, communication skills, as well as knowledge sharing with team
- Creative thinking, willingness and ability to learn quickly new concepts and technologies
- Machine Learning domain knowledge is a plus but not required
- Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate program which is applicable to the position
- Please include your transcript in your application.
Meet your team
SAP is ready to challenge your next work term with a role that combines development with testing on a global team in the IT Services: the Partner Management team. We deliver tools & solutions that increase indirect revenue to SAP and provide a simplified user experience to our Partners. You will work on the development of web applications (both front-end and back-end) with responsibilities including feature development, testing & debugging, application support, and business interaction.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 377385 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Sept. 17, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!