Software Developer Intern, Bs, Fall 2023
Posted on July 4, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Please complete your application before July 7th, 2023.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in Canada for the duration of the internship program.
This internship is intended for students in their penultimate academic year, who are pursuing a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or a related field.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Waterloo, ON, Canada; Toronto, ON, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or post secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development or other technical related fields.
- Experience with data structures or algorithms gathered from inside or outside of school or work.
- Currently attending a degree program in Canada and available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- In their penultimate academic year or returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. The Software Developer Internship program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. We offer a range of internships in either Software Developer or Site-Reliability across North America, including the US and Canada. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
Software Developer Intern: As a key member of a versatile team, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you grow and evolve during your internship.
Site Reliability Intern: Our developers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the bad actors of the internet. We drive reliability and performance on a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services, from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Create and support a team including working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems.
Aug. 3, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!