Software Development Intern
Posted on July 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- La Crosse, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAt Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Qualified candidates must currently reside in the La Crosse area, internship requires year-round availability while attending school full time. This is an anticipated 1-year assignment with the possibility to continue until graduation. Hours are flexible but students must be able to work 20 hours/week during the school year and up to 40 hours/week during summer. Workdays are flexible to accommodate student schedules within normal business hours.
As part of the Global Equipment Systems and Business Transformation groups, the intern will partner with Product Owners to analyze, define, and implement new application products. Provide software development and technical expertise using traditional and low code tools for the business-critical systems to all North America Sales offices.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in requirements gathering, design, development, user training, implementation, and ongoing support of key business information systems.
- Provide application enhancements, maintenance, and support for assigned systems, including security and accessibility.
- Partner with business users to understand business processes and requirements, translate them into application requirements, and develop and implement system solutions that improve efficiencies, maximize customer experience, and grow and retain business.
- Manage projects through all phases of project management methodology.
- Ensure on time, on budget, and on specification delivery of software solutions.
- Interface with external vendor support service groups.
- Actively monitor and respond to technical hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques as well as assist in managing overall system capacity.
- Define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Communicate with business users within all levels of the organization.
- Work with geographically distributed team members, users, and customers.
Full-time student status in a 2-year or 4-year program with major in MIS, CS, or related technical field is required
- Knowledge of object orientated language is required (C#, Java, C++, etc.).
- Experience with C++, HTML, SQL, XML, or web services is a plus.
- Knowledge/understanding of the concept of workflows.
- Must be able to translate business needs into system requirements.
- Project management, time management, planning, organizational, and analytical skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated, willing to take initiative, and able to function effectively in independent and team based situations.
- Written and oral communication skills required, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to express concepts and ideas with clarity.
- Understanding of software development process required.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a remote setting
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Aug. 25, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!