Software Engineering Intern
Posted on Sept. 23, 2023 by InternPlug
- Fort Collins, United States of America
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionWoodward supports our members’ wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Woodward offers a Total Reward package for this Internship position, including:
- Estimated pay: $21 (min) - $23 (mid)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision Insurance (20+ hours per week)
- Sick Time
Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or Computer Science majors major, we have an exciting internship opportunity for you!The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and “real life” business acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, network with professionals and learn from some of the brightest minds in business. The experience also gives the intern opportunity for potential full-time employment with the company.
What’s In It For You
At Woodward, our “employees” are called and treated as “members”… and we’ve created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It’s a positive collaborative environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
What you will be doing
- Create automated software testing for the core Platform Functionality
- Help develop and advance the software requirement management system for Platform
- This internship will be centered around a mixture of developing embedded C code and developing tools in Python or similar languages to test the embedded code.
- Candidates will also be expected to be able to use the tools and development/testing environment to run tests.
What We Are Looking For
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs, MS Office Programs and other associated software.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to speak, read and write along with good listening skills.
- Good marks in relevant subjects.
- Possess high motivation, flexibility and ability to work on his/her own.
- Experience and/or knowledge of C Code or Python
- Lab experience preferred.
Education or Formal Training
- Must be at least a sophomore in an accredited College or University program and have an acceptable grade point average. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or Computer Science majors preferred.
No experience required. Previous internship or other working experience, a plus.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products. Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer EO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veterans Job Software Engineering Primary Location United States-Colorado-Fort Collins, Drake Campus Organization Woodward Schedule FULL TIME Shift 1st Shift / Day Job
Oct. 23, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
HPC Software Engineering Intern
HPC Software Engineering Intern This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will…
Software Engineering Internship Summer 2024
Woodward supports our members’ wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in…
Software Engineering Intern
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Disco…