Software Engineering Intern Fy23-24-Nsit
Posted on July 14, 2023 by InternPlug
- Bengaluru, India
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionAbout Uber
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About the Role
As an Uber Intern, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. Do you like our service and want to bring them to the next level? Do you have a beef with our app and want to fix it? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities. Outside of your work, you will build meaningful relationships with other Interns and Uber mentors through a variety of summer activities.
As a future Uber intern, you are:
- Naturally curious. You're innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for interns who thrive with learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our substantial growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Actively pursuing a B.Tech or Integrated Dual Degree (anticipated graduation in 2025) in Computer Science, Electronics Eng, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Mathematical Sciences or related fields
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Programming experience one or more application or systems languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Interest in building tools/infrastructure
- A desire to be part of a team that delivers impactful results every day
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work
- Willingness to learn new languages and methodologies
- Monthly internship stipend, housing allowance, and Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is
reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Receive mentorship from Uber engineers to guide you through your internship
- Build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Aug. 13, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!