Strategy, Esports & Analytics Intern
Posted on June 26, 2023 by InternPlug
- Toronto, Canada
- Full time
- 1 Vacancy
Job DescriptionCompany Description
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
The Strategy, Esports and Analytics team is accountable for identifying, evaluating, and delivering growth and innovation capabilities through a focus on data-driven insights, strategic planning, program management, operational excellence, project execution and continuous business growth & improvement through technology and digital. The team helps business partners build value through innovation, analytics and by owning the end-to-end strategic evaluation, planning, and execution process.
Reporting to the Business Analytics Director, the Business Strategy & Analytics Intern will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the research, analysis, strategy and business process development related to MLSE’s Fans and customers and provide insights to craft fan experiences.
MLSE supports interns and their success through extensive onboarding. Interns within the Strategy, Esports and Analytics team own projects end-to-end and work on cross-functional, collaborative teams, meeting and working with stakeholders from across MLSE. MLSE strives to create mentorship and networking opportunities throughout the internship to aid in training and development.
MLSE's Internship term dates are from September 11th, 2023 - December 22nd, 2023.
- Conduct analysis on data from a variety of sources and topic areas (including, but not limited to, ticketing, digital & social media, retail, food & beverage) to ultimately inform business decisions by leveraging a suite of tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, R, Python)
- Create compelling Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to share analysis and insights
- Build dashboards using visualization tools (such as Power BI)
- Support the design, creation, and analysis of fan surveys in collaboration with other team members
- Support the conceptualization and formulation of short-term and long-term strategic initiatives using a data-driven approach
- Support the creation of strategic reports and presentations for audiences which could include Board of Directors, Senior Management, Partners, Employees and Leagues
- Support the development of KPIs and benchmarks for new strategic initiatives
- Research into and report on sports & entertainment industry-standard processes
- Facilitate and collaborate with key stakeholders to execute ad-hoc initiatives
- Work in compliance with provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Follow all MLSE Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Perform other administrative or service functions as the need arises
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with a focus on Business, Analytics, Research, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related discipline
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to frame business problems and initiate research and analysis tasks to provide recommendations and key learnings to business leaders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Team first, positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Previous research and analysis experience including modeling and analytics are an asset
- Working knowledge of web / social media / social listening analytics is an asset
- Programming experience in R, Python, or SQL is an asset
- Visualization experience in Power BI or Tableau is an asset
- Available to work full-time regular hours with flexibility around event-based work
- You are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Apply by: July 5, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
July 26, 2023
Are you Qualified for this Internship Role?
Share with Friends!
No similar Intern Jobs at the Moment!